First, we’re glad to announce the immediate availability of the PyCharm 5.0.2 release update. This update introduces a massive list of bug-fixes and changes described in detail in the Release Notes. The build is already available for download from our website.
Second, today is a big day for us at JetBrains as we’re rolling out new company branding. You will surely notice a number of visual changes in PyCharm 5.0.2 that have to do with this. Head also to our completely redesigned website, and read about the branding update in this blog post. PyCharm Edu also gets these changes and releases as PyCharm Edu 2.0.3.
The most significant fixes in PyCharm 5.0.2 include:
- numerous visual changes according to the new company branding
- numerous fixes for different performance issues
- fixes for docstrings support
- fixes for Docker and remote interpreters support
- a number of fixes for scientific tools, including IPython Notebook, matplotlib and miniconda support
- a few fixes for Django support
- a number of fixes for the debugger
- fixes for integrated test runner
- numerous platform fixes and improvements, including UI and VCS fixes and more
As usual, please report any problems you find in our issue tracker. If you would like to discuss your experiences with PyCharm, we look forward to your feedback in the comments to this blog post and on twitter.
Drive to Develop!
The PyCharm Team