PyCharm 5.0.4 EAP is Available

Dmitry Filippov

Today we announce the early preview build of PyCharm 5.0.4 #143.1919.1. The list of bug fixes and improvements for this build can be found in the release notes.

It’s been a while since the previous release of PyCharm 5.0.3, so PyCharm 5.0.4 EAP build 143.1919.1 consolidates a lot of fixes and improvements. Some highlights are:

• several fixes for Python 3.5 support
  • a number of fixes and small improvements for Python debugger
  • a number of fixes for SQL injections in Python code
  • a number of fixes and improvements for code insight
  • Django support fixes
  • fixes for Python formatter
  • a fix for code coverage and Python profiler
  • and much more

See the full list of improvements in the release notes. Patch update from the previous PyCharm releases should by available shortly.

Please give PyCharm 5.0.4 EAP a try before its official release and please report any bugs and feature request to our issue tracker.

Drive to develop
-PyCharm team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

16 Responses to PyCharm 5.0.4 EAP is Available

1. Roman says:

January 20, 2016

Pls tell the truth – you’re not going to restore old app icon instead of current ugly one?

2. Krzysztof Szumny says:

January 21, 2016

Any progress on docker-compose support?

• Dmitry Filippov says:

January 22, 2016

We’re currently working on it for IntelliJ IDEA, PyCharm and other IDEs

• Daniel Gollas says:

February 10, 2016

Thanks for the update Dmitry! I can’t wait to move to an all docker dev environment and still be able to use my beloved PyCharm debugger.

3. Gabriel says:

January 21, 2016

I agree with Roman in the previous comment.
    The new icon is hideous. Nobody likes it here at work. I’m sorry if I hurt anyone’s feelings, but that’s the truth. Please bring back the old one..

4. Christian Gilbert says:

January 21, 2016

Docker is still useless for non django developers !!
    Please check PY-17716

5. tim says:

January 22, 2016

binary update is not working for my Pycharm Prof 5.0.3 on os x 10.11.3.
    The 1MB patch file downloads and pycharm restarts after apparently applying the patch, but the version and build date in the open-project dialog stay as 5.0.3

• Dmitry Filippov says:

January 25, 2016

Thanks for reporting that. That was a bug in our patch. Should be fixed already.

6. Roman says:

January 22, 2016

I’ve already manually changed the app icon with the one taken from PyCharm 4.0 and forgot about Jetbrains designers’ bad taste 🙂

7. Roman says:

January 22, 2016

BTW you blog email notification ‘Notify me of follow-up comments by email.’ and ‘Notify me of new posts by email.’ does not work. I checked both options but didn’t receive any emails.

• Dmitry Filippov says:

January 25, 2016

Thank you, I’ll report to system administrators.

• Dmitry Filippov says:

January 26, 2016

You have to register on this blog to get notifications. Have no idea why it shows notification options to unregistered users, but it seems we have no way to configure this.

8. Matt says:

January 25, 2016

Hi Dmitry, our company depends on PyCharm and it is currently broken for remote debugging due to PY-16100 — it’s a blocking bug that breaks remote debugger for entire projects. I want to raise concern that we haven’t heard back from JetBrains dev team about it for weeks — seems no attention to the problem: it hasn’t even been verified yet and no comments. I would like to recommend the priority be raised since it is a blocking issue by breaking the entire ability for remote debugging for all of our projects. I’m not sure whom else to escalate to have a voice here, since this is urgent. We are paying members with professional license subscriptions.

• Dmitry Filippov says:

January 25, 2016

Hi Matt, I’ve asked our development to take a look and reply in the ticket.

• Matt says:

February 4, 2016

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you, there was a comment, but there was no further follow up. The issue is really a killer problem that is critically blocking us (and your other paying customers). We respectfully request an upgrade in priority. We will support your dev team in any way to get this issue seriously looked at and resolved, at least with a workaround. Please help!

Thanks!