PyCharm 5.0.4 EAP is Available

Today we announce the early preview build of PyCharm 5.0.4 #143.1919.1. The list of bug fixes and improvements for this build can be found in the release notes.

It’s been a while since the previous release of PyCharm 5.0.3, so PyCharm 5.0.4 EAP build 143.1919.1 consolidates a lot of fixes and improvements. Some highlights are:

• several fixes for Python 3.5 support
  • a number of fixes and small improvements for Python debugger
  • a number of fixes for SQL injections in Python code
  • a number of fixes and improvements for code insight
  • Django support fixes
  • fixes for Python formatter
  • a fix for code coverage and Python profiler
  • and much more

See the full list of improvements in the release notes. Patch update from the previous PyCharm releases should by available shortly.

Please give PyCharm 5.0.4 EAP a try before its official release and please report any bugs and feature request to our issue tracker.

Drive to develop
-PyCharm team

About Dmitry Filippov

Product Marketing Manager at JetBrains
This entry was posted in Early Access Preview. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to PyCharm 5.0.4 EAP is Available

1. Roman says:

Pls tell the truth – you’re not going to restore old app icon instead of current ugly one?

2. Krzysztof Szumny says:

Any progress on docker-compose support?

3. Gabriel says:

I agree with Roman in the previous comment.
    The new icon is hideous. Nobody likes it here at work. I’m sorry if I hurt anyone’s feelings, but that’s the truth. Please bring back the old one..

4. Christian Gilbert says:

Docker is still useless for non django developers !!
    Please check PY-17716

5. tim says:

binary update is not working for my Pycharm Prof 5.0.3 on os x 10.11.3.
    The 1MB patch file downloads and pycharm restarts after apparently applying the patch, but the version and build date in the open-project dialog stay as 5.0.3

6. Roman says:

I’ve already manually changed the app icon with the one taken from PyCharm 4.0 and forgot about Jetbrains designers’ bad taste :)

7. Roman says:

BTW you blog email notification ‘Notify me of follow-up comments by email.’ and ‘Notify me of new posts by email.’ does not work. I checked both options but didn’t receive any emails.

• Dmitry Filippov says:

Thank you, I’ll report to system administrators.

• Dmitry Filippov says:

You have to register on this blog to get notifications. Have no idea why it shows notification options to unregistered users, but it seems we have no way to configure this.

8. Matt says:

Hi Dmitry, our company depends on PyCharm and it is currently broken for remote debugging due to PY-16100 — it’s a blocking bug that breaks remote debugger for entire projects. I want to raise concern that we haven’t heard back from JetBrains dev team about it for weeks — seems no attention to the problem: it hasn’t even been verified yet and no comments. I would like to recommend the priority be raised since it is a blocking issue by breaking the entire ability for remote debugging for all of our projects. I’m not sure whom else to escalate to have a voice here, since this is urgent. We are paying members with professional license subscriptions.

• Dmitry Filippov says:

Hi Matt, I’ve asked our development to take a look and reply in the ticket.

• Matt says:

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you, there was a comment, but there was no further follow up. The issue is really a killer problem that is critically blocking us (and your other paying customers). We respectfully request an upgrade in priority. We will support your dev team in any way to get this issue seriously looked at and resolved, at least with a workaround. Please help!

Thanks!