Announcing PyCharm 2016.1.2

PyCharm 2016.1.2 is now available from the download page.

Soon it will also be available as a patch update from within the IDE. A patch update from v2016.1.1, which exposed a severe performance regression, will be available shortly today. The patch update from v2016.1 is still under way and will be available tomorrow.

The Release Notes lists all fixes for this update.

We bring you this build shortly after releasing 2016.1.1 because of the important bug-fix, PyCharm freezes on large string literals [PY-19075].

Other fixes for various Docker Compose support problems and a fix for extra libraries indexing are currently in progress and planned for the next bug-fix update.

Download PyСharm 2016.1.2 for your platform from our website and please report any problem you found in the Issue Tracker.

If you would like to discuss your experiences with PyCharm, we look forward to your feedback in comments to this post and on twitter.

Your PyCharm Team
The Drive to Develop

About Dmitry Filippov

Product Marketing Manager at JetBrains
This entry was posted in Release Announcements. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Announcing PyCharm 2016.1.2

1. steven warner says:

“Accept Network Connections” dialog problem on Mac still appears with this update. Would be nice not to have to codesign a version of PyCharm myself…

2. vojslav ketman says:

Hi,

sorry i have feeling that with all next version becomes pycharm more and more nice functions and is more and more unresponsive. I do not want big super ide which is slow as slug. I want fast responsive ide. Last time when i had problem with speed of ide had i cpu added, but my pool of cpus is limited :-). Vojslav

3. Rogerio says:

My pycharm will crash on startup with this update.

Process: pycharm [25237]
    Path: /Applications/PyCharm CE.app/Contents/MacOS/pycharm
    Identifier: com.jetbrains.pycharm
    Version: 2016.1.2 (PC-145.844.6)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ??? [1]
    Responsible: pycharm [25237]
    User ID: 327798014

Date/Time: 2016-04-12 21:35:21.132 -0300
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.5 (14F1713)
    Report Version: 11
    Anonymous UUID: 76E50C35-2A2A-E38B-01F0-9529654F33A9

Sleep/Wake UUID: FB97954F-C858-41EA-AD19-7E8195B1B75D

Time Awake Since Boot: 240000 seconds
    Time Since Wake: 32000 seconds

Crashed Thread: 0 AppKit Thread Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000303030353150

VM Regions Near 0x303030353150:
    VM_ALLOCATE 00000007c0260000-0000000800000000 [ 1.0G] —/rwx SM=NUL
    –>
    MALLOC_TINY 00007ff56bc00000-00007ff56c000000 [ 4096K] rw-/rwx SM=COW

Application Specific Information:
    abort() called

4. Stanislav Povyshev says:

Please, enable horizontal scroll while Show Python Promt switched on.

5. Stanyslav Shepelev says:

Code analysis never ends, the “eye” in top right corner of the code editor does not disappear, and many useful functions of pycharm just don’t work. Also the IDE is mush slower than 5.0.4 version. So I stick with the previous version.

• Dmitry Filippov says:

Today we announce RC for v2016.1.3 please try it. It contains a lot of fixes including the fix for the “freeze” problem.

6. Rob says:

Hi,

If I print a dataframe to the Python console which is wider than the screen Pycharm had a horizontal scrollbar in the Python console allowing the user to scroll left and right to view a large DataFrame …. I noticed that the version I’m using no longer has a scroll bar which means I can’t view any columns which are off the screen.

I’m using Pycharm 2016.1.1 (build 145.598)
    Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Rob.

• Dmitry Filippov says:

yes, this is the known issue. We’re fixing that.

• Frustrated PyCharm User says:

This is a royal PITA with the horizontal scroll bar magically disappearing and not being able to find it most of the time. I’m switching IDE’s, this is painful at best… I don’t think you understand how big of deal this is and how much this slows you down! Other than that, PyCharm is great. My time is too valuable and the frustration of trying to get to the data that is off to the right is super frustrating and only affords the users to utilize part of PyCharm, not all of it. For that reason I have to go with another IDE. If you can’t see the data, you can’t use the tool, it’s just that simple! Sometimes I can make it work and sometimes not, ridiculous. I’m surprised this isn’t already fixed, should not be that difficult…

7. Francisco Caraballo says:

I’m still seeing in 2016.1.2 the bad formatting after copy-paste bug that was reported fixed in 2016.1.1. Is it possible that there was a regression on this issue?
    OS: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

8. Rodrigo Gambra says:

Hello there,
    Tried the ‘Update and Restart’ button on 2016.1.0 but it just restarted without having downloaded the patch. It would be great if you could offer the patches on the download page besides the whole product links.

Thanks for your great work! :-)

Cheers

9. Bert Coleman says:

worst ide I have ever used. It freezes immediately as soon as I open a project. I have to force restart my computer to shut it down. I tried updating to the latest version and had the same problem. Osx operating system, el capitan 10.11.1