In-Depth Screencast on Testing
Earlier this year we rolled out a Getting Started Series of screencast videos on the basics of using PyCharm: setup, the UI, running Python code, debugging, etc. We knew at the time that some topics would need more treatment than a quick screencast, so we planned a follow-on series of “in-depth” screencasts, each on a single topic.
Here’s the first: In-Depth: Testing covers more topics than we went over in the Getting Started: Testing screencast. Which makes sense, as PyCharm itself has such a wealth of support in each of its features:
Here are the topics in this just-over-four-minute video:
- pytest, because, you know…it’s pytest! PyCharm has run configuration support native to pytest, so we introduce that.
- Multi-Python-version testing with tox, especially since PyCharm recently added native support.
- Testing with doctests, using (again) a native run configuration
- Did I mention PyCharm has a lot of native run configurations for testing? Ditto for BDD, so we cover test configurations for the behave package.
- Skipping tests and re-running a test configuration
We hope you enjoy this first in the series of In-Depth screencasts. We have more planned, such as version control. And please, if you have any topics that you’d like to see get expanded screencast attention, let us know.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!