Weekly previews of PyCharm 2016.3 continue with the third PyCharm 2016.3 EAP build number 163.6110.26. Download and try it today.
Let’s take a look at what’s new in this build:
Code completion for Django forms in class-based views
This build brings enhanced support for Django forms. PyCharm now understands the forms context in class-based views and shows forms-specific autocompletion and suggestions:
Better handling of multi-line commands in Python console
Thanks to our user Yuli Fiterman for his generous help and valuable code contributions, together we’ve fixed a bunch of bugs related to multi-line commands in Python console:
Please check the improved Python console and let us know what else should be improved, by submitting bugs and feature requests to our public issue tracker.
Various Improvements for Python 3.6 support
As a recap, in previous EAP builds we added support for:
- PEP 526: Syntax for Variable Annotations
- PEP 498: Formatted String Literals
- PEP 515: Underscores in Numeric Literals
- PEP 525: Asynchronous Generators
- PEP 530: Asynchronous Comprehensions
In this build we have refined the support for these new standards and also improved code insight and compatibility checks.
Database tool improvements
In this build you can find various Database tool enhancements, which come from DataGrip, the JetBrains database IDE. PyCharm incorporates all the new features of DataGrip:
- Database Driver management
- Bulk submit changes
- Renaming views
- XML extractor
- SQLite support improvements
- and more
Web development improvements
Many web-related improvements come from the IntelliJ platform and WebStorm:
- Destructuring assignments for ECMAScript 6
- Enhanced coding assistance for Angular 2
- New React projects with Create React App
- Integration with Stylelint
- TypeScript support improvements
- and more
The full list of changes from the previous EAP build is available in the Release notes.
Please take PyCharm 2016.3 EAP build 163.6110.26 for a spin! Should you encounter any problems, please report them to our public tracker.
You can download the build or use the patch-based upgrade to upgrade from within the IDE (from the previous PyCharm 2016.3 EAP 163.5644.6 build only) without a full re-installation. Just make sure you’ve selected the EAP channel in update settings.
Read about the features and improvements added in previous PyCharm 2016.3 EAP builds:
- PyCharm 2016.3 EAP 2 (build 163.5644.6): PEP 525: Asynchronous generators, PEP 530: Asynchronous comprehensions
- PyCharm 2016.3 EAP 1 (build 163.5219.9): Initial Support for Python 3.6 and various platform features
The Drive to Develop