PyCharm 2016.3.2 Released

Right before the end of the year we’d like to release our latest and greatest version of PyCharm 2016. This version resolves a few issues:

• Jupyter Notebooks have been updated to work with the updated Jupyter Notebooks API
  • Conda environments on Windows will now automatically be activated in the terminal
  • Various improvements to the Python console
  • Docker-compose environment variable handling on macOS (TLS verify errors)
  • And various other bugs, see the release notes for details

To get this improved version, you can download it from our website. Once patch updates are ready for your platform, you’ll get a notification, so you can update from within PyCharm, by choosing Help | Check for Updates on Windows and Linux, or by choosing PyCharm | Check for Updates on macOS.

Thank you for your interest in PyCharm, and we’d like to wish you a happy and productive 2017!

-PyCharm Team
The Drive to Develop

This entry was posted in Release Announcements and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to PyCharm 2016.3.2 Released

1. Dimo says:

Hiya!

Does this mean we now can use docker-compose together with Docker for Mac to debug flask/django apps?

Thanks a mil!

• Ernst Haagsman says:

Yeah you should be able to do that! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you’re having any issues setting up the debugger

2. Dimo says:

Hi Ernst

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly.

Can you please point me to any docs describing how to Python debug remotely a container run with docker-compose (docker for mac)? I tried but I never got it to work successfully so I’d really appreciate your help!

Thank you for your time!

3. lars Runar says:

Unable to install update to 3.2.. Response says the temp file is not valid (?)

4. hh says:

PyCharm 2016.3.2(build 163.10154.50) still has a bug.

the pycharm terminal plugin, still can not find user env settings.

I use osx, and zsh, my “.zprofile” contents:

==========================================

# for pyenv:
    if which pyenv > /dev/null; then eval “$(pyenv init -)”; fi
    eval “$(pyenv virtualenv-init -)”

# sublime text3:
    alias subl=’open -a “Sublime Text”‘

# vscode-edit:
    alias vscode=’open -a “Visual Studio Code”‘
    alias vsc=’open -a “Visual Studio Code”‘

==========================================

the bug has seen in PyCharm 2016.3.2,
    but PyCharm 2016.2(build 162.1237.1) is OK.

==========================================

• hh says:

use PyCharm 2016.3.2, when open “terminal” plugin, type “pyenv”, the terminal can not find the user setting env.

but in PyCharm 2016.2, the terminal is normal.

• Ernst Haagsman says:

In PyCharm 2016.3.2 we automatically activate the virtualenv you’ve configured for your project interpreter. This may be getting in the way of your PyEnv setup, have you tried to disable this setting? Settings | Tools | Terminal | Activate Virtualenv

5. Demetris says:

I upgraded from PyCharm 2016.1 to 2016.3.2 and I am running into all sorts of problems. Primarily it seems that the latest IDE version refuses to work with python 3.4.4 that i have been using with the previous IDE. It does not recognize python typing (var:type) in method signatures, it complains about docstrings (byte literal contains chararacters > 255) etc. What is going on? And the strange issue is that reverting back to version 2016.1 does not fix the issue anymore as if the new installation has changed a number of global settings that affect both IDEs. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

6. Demetris says:

Hi Ernst and thanks for getting back to me so fast. The encoding at the right bottom of the editor is still UTF-8. What I did when I upgraded from 2016.1 to 2016.3.2 is I exported my settings to settings,jar and imported them to the new version. It seems that worked fine other than these two issues.

Regarding the python issue. I will open the ticket and send in the log files and screen shots. Would the log files include the fact that the IDE does not recognize the python type hinting?

On a different note: I like the fact that now the terminal can automatically activate the virtual environment based on the interpreter that is chosen through the IDE – the only issue is that it does not prefix the current prompt with which venv it is using, for ex. (venv) user %. That can be handy for cases where multiple virtual environments exist in a single project. Any plans on adding that?

7. Demetris says:

Apologies for the multiple postings – it seems that the IDE does not impose the interpreter’s python version to the editor. I noticed that if I hover over the errors, the message says that Python 2.7 does not support this or that. The interpreter for that project is set to use Python 3.4.4. So for some reason the setting is not helping out.

I will still submit a ticket but I wanted to post it here to keep anyone concerned updated.

• Ernst Haagsman says:

PyCharm allows you to check compatibility of your code with multiple Python versions at the same time. This is important if you’d like your code to run on multiple Python versions, like most open source libraries do. It works using an inspection which you can configure in the inspections settings: Settings | Editor | Inspections | Code compatibility inspection. Most likely Python 2.7 is checked there.

8. Demetris says:

Ok thanks Ernst. That’s definitely good to know. What I ended up doing is switch the interpreter to any other interpreter I had defined in there and then back to the one I needed for 3.4.1 and the IDE picked it up and now can recognize python 3.4.1. Odd but it works 😉

9. Demetris says:

Btw – thanks for the prompt responses Ernst. I appreciate it, your pointers certainly helped. I think this is a pretty good and polished PyCharm version and I’m looking forward to using it.