PyCharm 2016.3.3 Released

Shortly after announcing PyCharm 2017.1 Release Candidate today we bring you some important backport fixes for the current PyCharm stable version.  Please welcome PyCharm 2016.3.3.

For the detailed list of changes please see the Release Notes.

If you’re running PyCharm 2016.3.2, use Help | Check for Updates to upgrade using a patch. Otherwise, feel free to download the update from our website, or using the ToolboxApp.

– PyCharm team

About Dmitry Filippov

Product Marketing Manager at JetBrains
This entry was posted in Release Announcements and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to PyCharm 2016.3.3 Released

1. Pingback: PyCharm 2016.3.3 发布,重要修复更新 | News Pod

2. Dave says:

Connection Error
    Failed to prepare an update: Cannot download ‘http://download.jetbrains.com/python/PC-163.10154.50-163.15188.4-patch-unix.jar’: Status: 403

I suspect our corporate firewall doesn’t like automated *.jar file downloads. I’m able to obtain the update file via a browser, but unable to figure out how to manually apply it on linux. Can you offer some suggestions? Thank you!

• Dmitry Filippov says:

Hi Dave,

we’ll help. We don’t have any standard way of applying patches not from the update dialog. So the easiest path would be to understand why you can download it with your browser but can’t do it with PyCharm. Do you have any special settings in your browser that let you get over the firewall? We could try to tweak PyCharm networking setting first before going with the hard hacky way of manually applying the patch.

3. Dave says:

Thank you Dmitry! In Chromium v37 on Ubuntu 12.04 (workstation is soon to be retired with one running v16.04), I get a message when downloading directly http://download.jetbrains.com/python/PC-163.10154.50-163.15188.4-patch-unix.jar stating that “This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep …jar anyway?” Selecting “Keep” allows the download.

There are no proxies or any other network settings required in my browser. I do however work for a rather large corp that has very strict strong filtering from external sources. I’ve run into this issue in the past with Jenkins updates; since the Jenkins plugins update via java and load balancing redirects, we are not able to download the plugins via Jenkins update GUI and instead have to download them manually in a browser, then install the updates via Jenkins manual method. I suspect I’m encountering the same issue here with the Pycharm service update.

With that said, I really do enjoy the hard hacky methods, so feel free to share. :^)

4. Mike says:

Can’t update directly from PyCharm 2016.3.2 (Linux Mint 18.1) After downloading the patch, program simply get close. It shows ready for upgrade again on next start and action is repeated..

5. Dave says:

Greetings Dmitry,
    Just wondering if you had any further suggestions on how to get this update since your last comment on March 21st? This page lists “4 responses”, but I’m only seeing 3 comments; is there a comment waiting for approval or an update from you?
    Thank you!

• Dmitry Filippov says:

Hi Dave, sorry for some reason I didn’t get the notification that you replied to me. Most probably because it was a new comment, not the reply. The additional response counted is supposedly a pingback from another blog.
      To the topic: I’ll ask our devs to investigate and prepare the instructions to apply the patch manually.

• Dmitry Filippov says:

Good news. Looks like we have an easy solution to fix it in your case. We can alternate the URL for patch download. For that please follow the link jb.gg/pycharm-support fill the form and give a link to my comment in this blog post. The URL is beeing used for QA and should work for you as well. Support guys will be able to provide you with the link and describe how to alternate it.

• Dave says:

Thank you very much for your help Dmitry. I’ve followed your instructions and I’ll update here with the results.
        Cheers!

• Dave says:

Thank you again Dmitry, I was able to install the PyCharm 2016.3.3 update and the 2017.1 update via the instructions given to me from your support team.