PyCharm 2017.1.2 out now

Posted on by Ernst Haagsman

PyCharm 2017.1.2 is out now! Get it from our website

Some of the things we’ve improved:

• We’ve been working hard on resolving regressions in our new test runners, if you’ve had an issue with the 2017.1 test runners, please upgrade to this version.
  • The problem with SFTP deployment has been resolved
  • Fixes for the Debugger, Django and Docker
  • And several other bugs were fixed: read our release notes for details

If you have any feedback about this version of PyCharm, please let us know! You can report bugs and request features on YouTrack. You can also reach us by leaving a comment on this blog post, by tweeting us at @pycharm or leaving a comment on our Facebook page.

PyCharm Team
-The Drive to Develop

Comments below can no longer be edited.

18 Responses to PyCharm 2017.1.2 out now

1. david says:

April 28, 2017

i just downloaded it but I’m still having problems running the test runner.
    Where can I could get some support?
    /usr/local/bin/python3.6 /usr/local/pycharm-community-2017.1.1/helpers/pycharm/_jb_pytest_runner.py –path /home/vagrant/git/com.ericsson.bss.cpi.ci/pyplumbing/test/test_daemon.py
    Testing started at 8:45 AM …
    Launching py.test with arguments /home/vagrant/git/com.ericsson.bss.cpi.ci/pyplumbing/test/test_daemon.py in /home/vagrant/git/com.ericsson.bss.cpi.ci
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/usr/local/pycharm-community-2017.1.1/helpers/pycharm/_jb_pytest_runner.py”, line 27, in
    pytest.main(sys.argv[1:], plugins_to_load)

• Ernst Haagsman says:

April 28, 2017

It looks like it’s still using the 2017.1.1 helpers, could you please verify that you’re running 2017.1.2? If you are, could you please send your idea.log file, and if you can the project files, to pycharm-support@jetbrains.com? Our support engineer will be able to help you better with some additional information. My apologies for the inconvenience.

• david says:

April 28, 2017

Hi Ernst,
        It is running the 2017.1.2. I’ll send the log to support team then.
        PyCharm Community Edition 2017.1.2
        Build #PC-171.4249.47, built on April 26, 2017
        JRE: 1.8.0_112-release-736-b21 amd64
        JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o
        Linux 3.10.0-514.16.1.el7.x86_64
        Thanks for the quick response.

2. Jason says:

May 2, 2017

Can’t even access my redshift db through the db tool anymore after updating… Thanks guys…

3. Jason says:

May 2, 2017

Wow, so if someone leaves a comment you guys don’t like you won’t allow it to be posted? I literally told you guys something wrong with your product and instead of addressing it you’d rather not have it be seen…

• Ernst Haagsman says:

May 3, 2017

Dear Jason, you left your comment after European business hours. We aim to reply to blog comments within a business day. Could you please tell us exactly what error you’re getting with Redshift? I don’t see any related issues in our issue tracker yet.

• Jason says:

May 3, 2017

Turns out that when I upgraded, pycharm dropped the path to the driver. I didn’t think that this kind of thing would happen and spent a decent amount of time trouble shooting other issues. Probably should of noticed that it might have done that since I also had to re configure my project interpreter after upgrading as well. This is the first time after upgrading that pycharm dropped my configuration setup, would of been nice if it hadn’t, since I lost a morning of development to fight with my tools.

4. Jeremy C says:

May 5, 2017

This bug hasn’t been fixed. Notice the progress bar stopped at 3 tests, however it did run all 24 tests in the file. http://imgur.com/fe39R9Y

OSX running tests in a Vagrant box.

This happens when I right click on a single test file and Run Nosetests. Progress bar is always off on every file.

Other bugs:
    When multiple project windows are open, when you close a window, it stays open (but is empty) and won’t close.

When you open a new project window it goes to the back and the previous project you were working on comes to the front. This has got me a bunch of times as I start typing expecting to be in one project when I’m in another.

General stability issues – it crashes at least once a day. Never had any of these problems with 2016.

This is release has been fairly disappointing. I’ve been using your various IDEs for at least 5 years now and not experienced very many issues with a new release before. I’ve told my whole team not to upgrade if they haven’t already and I’m thinking about going back to 2016.

5. marcelo pereira says:

May 5, 2017

PyCharm does not have write access to /usr/share/pycharm. Please run it by a privileged user to update. Please solve this problem!!!

• Anna Morozova says:

May 5, 2017

IDE should have r/w permissions to IDE settings folders (https://intellij-support.jetbrains.com/hc/en-us/articles/206544519) and inside installation home directory. Also it uses system temp directory to read/write temporary files. You need to make sure that the user who launches PyCharm has r/w permissions to these directories.
      It is recommended to install PyCharm to user home directory (or any directory where the user is owner) and create launcher script via Tools | Create Command-line Launcher.
      Also please vote for https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-137865 to increase its priority and be notified about updates.

• Col says:

May 11, 2017

Sorry i didn’t specify, but i’m using a Mac, and the last update was done by the automatic updater, so i didn’t touch anything.
        Is there a way for me to understand which is the problem in my case?

6. Col says:

May 11, 2017

Why in some versions I don’t have the automatic update?

• Col says:

May 11, 2017

I’m using a Mac, and the last update was done by the automatic updater.

7. Dany says:

May 16, 2017

I am running 2017.1.2 on Windows 10. One of our Unittest runners is configured to display a log file in the console. It only has a single log file entry in the Log tab. For some reason PyCharm is randomly adding duplicate entries in the XML file for it in .idea/runConfigurations. I have to remove it from that list, then edit the XML file to remove duplicate entries, and only then will PyCharm stop adding duplicate entries randomly throughout the XML file.

• Ilya says:

May 16, 2017

Hello @Danny
      Could you please check if have same issue with plain python script?

8. Daniel says:

September 3, 2018

Meu PyCharm 2018, está bugado , instalei tudo certinho o python e o pycharm mas quando eu digito qualquer código tipo “print(‘oi’) , e dou um click em Run o resultado não aparece , não consta nenhum error, como resolvo isso ??

My PyCharm 2018 is buggy, I installed everything correctly python and pycharm but when I type any code type “print (‘hi’), and I click Run the result does not appear, there is no error, how do I solve this? ?

• Paul Everitt says:

September 7, 2018

Can you right-click in the editor and choose Run from there?