PyCharm 2017.2 Out Now: Docker Compose on Windows, SSH Agent and more

PyCharm 2017.2 is out now! Get it today for Docker Compose support on Windows, SSH Agent, Azure Databases, and Amazon Redshift support.

Get it from our website

• We’ve added some small improvements for editing Python files: a quick fix to change the signature of a function you’re calling, an inspection to make sure your Python strings formatted with str.format() work correctly, and auto-completion for type hints
  • Docker Compose is additionally supported on Windows (this feature is available only in PyCharm Professional Edition)
  • PyCharm 2017.2 supports using SSH Agent to handle your SSH private keys. Compatible tools like Pageant on Windows are also supported. (only in Professional Edition)
  • Database tools fully support connecting to Amazon Redshift and Azure Databases (only in Professional Edition)
  • Run inline SQL on multiple data source (only in Professional Edition)
  • Improvements for Version Control, JavaScript, and HiDPI support (JavaScript support is available only in Professional Edition)
  • And more, see our what’s new page for details

Get PyCharm 2017.2 now from our website!

Please let us know what you think about PyCharm! You can reach us on Twitter, Facebook, and by leaving a comment on the blog.

PyCharm Team
-The Drive to Develop

This entry was posted in Release Announcements and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to PyCharm 2017.2 Out Now: Docker Compose on Windows, SSH Agent and more

1. Marcus Amargi says:

I just upgraded. When I click Navigate -> File, the prompt opens briefly and then immediately closes. This is terribly frustrating.

2. Michel Zhan says:

just upgraded.Some issue about font size.
    Settings->Editor->Font:
    I set size=16, found the font size of logs in Debug also changed to 16, same with Terminal

• Pavel Karateev says:

Hi Michel! Try to enable “Settings | Editor | Color Scheme | Console Font | Use console font instead of the default” option and customise the font size on this page.

3. Johann Visagie says:

Am I correct that PyCharm no longer has locally-installed help files?

If I choose options from the Help menu, it simply opens my default browser with the online help at jetbrains.com

• Ernst Haagsman says:

Yes, we’ve made the choice to offer only online help to make sure that we can correct mistakes quicker and continuously improve our documentation.

4. Mark says:

I just upgraded PyCharm this morning. I also use this for UI dev, so I have JS support enabled. This is what I see in the log, however:

7/27/17
    07:34 Plugin Error
    Problems found loading plugins:
    Plugin “AngularJS” was not loaded: required plugin “JavaScript Support” is disabled.
    Plugin “JavaScript Intention Power Pack” was not loaded: required plugin “JavaScript Support” is disabled.
    Plugin “JavaScript Debugger” was not loaded: required plugin “JavaScript Support” is disabled.
    Plugin “Python JavaScript Debugger Integration” was not loaded: required plugin “JavaScript Support” is disabled.
    Plugin “tslint” was not loaded: required plugin “JavaScript Support” is disabled

I try to re-enable JS support, which requires a restart of PyCharm. When I restart it, I get:

Plugin ‘JavaScript’ failed to initialize and will be disabled. Please restart PyCharm.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/intellij/openapi/components/ApplicationComponentAdapter
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:763)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:642)
    at com.intellij.util.lang.UrlClassLoader._defineClass(UrlClassLoader.java:272)
    at com.intellij.util.lang.UrlClassLoader.defineClass(UrlClassLoader.java:268)
    at com.intellij.util.lang.UrlClassLoader._findClass(UrlClassLoader.java:237)
    at com.intellij.ide.plugins.cl.PluginClassLoader.a(PluginClassLoader.java:138)
    at com.intellij.ide.plugins.cl.PluginClassLoader.a(PluginClassLoader.java:76)
    at com.intellij.ide.plugins.cl.PluginClassLoader.loadClass(PluginClassLoader.java:63)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:348)
    (many more lines…can include if needed)

Any ideas?

5. Mark says:

Sorry…should have said. I’m running PyCharm 2017.2 on MacOS Sierra

6. AntoineGX says:

Hello,

I’ve just updated PyCharm, everything seems to be working smoothly except when running Python unittest: PyCharm is stuck during ~10 seconds (no prompt, no menu) before the test starts. Is this a known issue?

Thanks for the answer.

7. srsa says:

Finally Docker Compose support on Windows. Thanks!

8. antoinegx says:

Ticket PY-25379 created, hope it will be addressed soon.

9. Adelle says:

Improvements! I love improvements! Didn’t upgrade yet so I can’t confirm if there is a bug or not. Waiting for a fix!

10. Mykola says:

It is sad but PyCharm has ugly support of docker-compose.

See next bugs for example:

– PY-25409 [docker-compose] Terrible Performance on Updating Skeletons

– PY-25410 [docker-compose] Impossible to Configure Timeouts for Stop / Restart

– PY-25411 [docker-compose] Double click on “Stop” button Doesn’t Kill Containers

– PyCharm Doesn’t Support docker-compose format version 3+ (recommended by Docker)

Think twice before buying Pycharm / IntelliJ Professional for software development with docker-compose support.

• Ernst Haagsman says:

Thanks for reporting those first three issues, we’ll have a look to see how we can help address those issues.

We are working on Compose v3, please stay tuned for the EAP of PyCharm 2017.3, you’ll be able to try it soon.

11. Evil programmer says:

It’s worst update than I’ve ever seen.

All my color-styles and fonts are gone (new color-styles in Darcula theme is bad). So, I spent time to re-configure it.