PyCharm 2017.3 EAP 3 Out now!
The latest and greatest early access program (EAP) version of PyCharm is now available from our website:
New in this version
Although Python doesn’t have support for private members, there are a couple of ways to indicate to developers that something shouldn’t be used. In addition to prefixing a method with an underscore, you can also explicitly specify public members with __all__. PyCharm can now warn you if you inadvertently use a member that’s excluded. Just be sure to enable the “Access to a protected member of a class or module” inspection in Settings | Editor | Inspections.
Improved Completion for JOIN statements
Before, we would suggest the table names, now we’ll complete the entire JOIN statement. When you have your foreign keys properly set up, that is:
Scripts for create-react-app
When creating a new react app, you can pass a scripts option to the utility to add support for additional features to your new application. This is now supported in PyCharm:
- We fixed an issue where sometimes we couldn’t find the step definition from a Lettuce .feature file
- When adding a `__all__` to your modules and packages, you’ll now have completion for applicable items
- Improved CSS editing support
- The `PIVOT` keyword for Oracle, and the `GROUP BY ROLLUP` and `GROUP BY CUBE` constructs for MS SQL Server are now supported
- And more, have a look at the release notes for details
If these features sound interesting to you, try them yourself:
As a reminder, PyCharm EAP versions:
- Are free, including PyCharm Professional Edition EAP
- Will work for 30 days from being built, you’ll need to update when the build expires
If you run into any issues with this version, or another version of PyCharm, please let us know on our YouTrack. If you have other suggestions or remarks, you can reach us on Twitter, or by commenting on the blog.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PyCharm 2023.3 Early Access Program Is Open!
UI/UX Enhancements, Support for PEP 647, and More The Early Access Program for PyCharm 2023.3 kicks off today, offering you a sneak peek of the exciting new features and improvements we expect to include in the next major release. If you’re not familiar with how the EAP works, please read this…
PyCharm 2023.2 EAP 5: Black Formatter Integration, Endpoints Tool Window for Django REST Framework
This EAP build includes the Black formatter integration, a new Endpoints tool window for Django REST framework, the Run Anything tool, support for installing dependencies from pyproject.toml, inlay parameter name hints, and much more!
PyCharm 2023.2 EAP 4 Is Out!
The third EAP build brings improvements that include the new AI assistant and support for DevContainers.