PyCharm 2018.3 Out Now
PyCharm 2018.3 is now available: Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) support, multiline TODOs, improved search everywhere, and more.
New in PyCharm
- For those of you on Windows who are developing applications that run on Linux: Windows Subsystem for Linux is a quick and easy way to always have a Linux environment available. PyCharm 2018.3 can now be configured to use a Python interpreter inside WSL.
- One of the most-requested features in our issue tracker were multiline TODOs, and we’re happy to announce that these are now available in PyCharm 2018.3.
- Even though search everywhere (double-shift) is not at all a new feature, we’ve made some great usability improvements, and now it’s easy to see how you can narrow down the results.
To get the new version of PyCharm, upgrade in one of the following ways:
- Download the new version
- Choose Help | Check for Updates in PyCharm
- Use JetBrains Toolbox to upgrade
- If you’re using Ubuntu, or any other distro that supports snap, PyCharm will automatically update using snap (if you’ve installed PyCharm with snap).
Subscribe to Blog updates
Livestream: “Python, Django, PyCharm, and More”
Join us for the new PyCharm Livestream episode to learn about everything new in the world of Python on January 25 at 4:00 pm UTC.
Join the Private Preview of Our New Tool for Your ML Experiments!
Join a private preview of our brand-new tool for ML experiments. It lets you set up and launch an experiment from local code on a VM in the cloud directly from PyCharm. We’re granting free access for cloud resources during the preview!
Buy PyCharm. Support Data Science.
This December, we’re offering new users a 30% discount for PyCharm Professional annual subscriptions. We’ll also donate all of the proceeds from this campaign to support NumFOCUS and their sponsored, data science, projects.
PyCharm 2023.3: Feature Spotlight for Django Developers
PyCharm 2023.3 introduces a plethora of features for Django development: Django Structure tool window, Live preview for Django templates, enhancements in code assistance for the Django REST framework, and more! This release is poised to enhance the productivity of developers working with Django. Let…