PyCharm 2019.2 Out Now
PyCharm 2019.2 is out now: improved Jupyter Notebook experience, syntax highlighting for many more languages out of the box, initial Python 3.8 support, and much more. Download now
New in PyCharm
- Jupyter Notebook Integration has been improved. Some of the most highly requested Jupyter Notebook features have been implemented in this version. Now you will be able run all cells with a single button click, select and configure your Jupyter server using a specific project and port to listen to, keep track of variables while debugging them by getting their current state, restart the kernel and publish notebooks from PyCharm to JetBrains Datalore .
- Syntax highlight support for many other languages has been added. Do you work on projects where code in a different language sneaks into your project? PyCharm will now highlight the syntax of Windows .bat files, C#, C++, Groovy, Lua, Makefiles, and more.
- We are adding support for some major Python 3.8 features. Try out positional-only parameters, variable assignment within expressions, ‘Final’ qualifier to restrict usage of methods, classes and variables, and new ways to use f-strings to present values and variables.
- cURL format is now supported for HTTP requests. Just copy your cURL formatted request and paste it directly into your HTTP Request file for it to be converted into its format, and then feel free to modify request params, headers, or body.
Many more features, like cookies preservation between http requests and improved debugging and variable refactoring experiences. Learn more about PyCharm 2019.2 on our website
You can also find the details about our release, in the release notes.
To get the new version of PyCharm, upgrade in one of the following ways:
- Download the new version
- Choose Help | Check for Updates in PyCharm
- Use JetBrains Toolbox to upgrade
- If you’re using Ubuntu, or any other distro that supports snap, PyCharm will automatically update using snap (if you’ve installed PyCharm with snap).
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PyCharm 2023.2.4 Is Out!
We’ve just released another update for v2023.2. You can update to this version from inside the IDE, using the Toolbox App, or by using snaps if you are a Ubuntu user. You can also download it from our website. This version brings the following refinements: To…
PyCharm 2023.2.2 Is Now Available
You can update to this version from inside the IDE, using the Toolbox App, or using snaps if you are an Ubuntu user. Also, you can download it from our website. Download PyCharm 2023.2.2 Here is the list of the most important improvements that you’ll find in this update: PyCh…
PyCharm 2023.2.1 Is Out!
PyCharm 2023.2.1, the first bug-fix update for PyCharm 2023.2, is now available! You can update to v2023.2.1 by using the Toolbox App, installing it right from the IDE, or downloading it from our website. Download PyCharm 2023.2.1 Here are the most notable fixes available in this version: …
PyCharm 2023.2: New Live Templates for Django, Black Formatter Integration, Run Anything, and AI Assistant
With this build, you can now type your Django code faster with the new live templates, reformat your code in one click with the integrated Black formatter, and generate commit messages with the help of AI Assistant. Read on below for the full list of enhancements!