2019.3 EAP 2
We have a new Early Access Program (EAP) version of PyCharm that can be now downloaded from our website.
New in the EAP
- Support was added for namespaces coming from packages. PyCharm now recognizes namespaces defined by other packages.
- Fixed a TensorFlow issue with its new version that wasn’t allowing PyCharm to recognize it properly as a library.
- Annotations were improved in a way that they won’t show unnecessary error messages for string literals.
- We fixed the position of the caret when an input is called for on the console. Before it was being shown at the beginning of the input call and now it is properly positioned at the end right next to where the input is about to be introduced.
- The autocomplete for methods inside classes now includes the ‘self’ parameter if smart enter is used.
- The code inspection warning reprioritized the list of actions, giving a higher priority to quick fixes rather than run/debug actions.
- Option to customize scrollbar visibility from the appearance settings.
- And much more, check out the release notes for further details.
Get the latest EAP build from our website. Alternatively, you can use the JetBrains Toolbox App to stay up to date throughout the entire EAP.
EAP Program Key Facts
- The EAP version of PyCharm Professional Version is free to use
- EAP build will expire after 30 days
- This is pre-release software, you may face stability issues and other rough edges
- You can install the EAP version alongside a stable version of PyCharm
- EAP versions of PyCharm report statistics by default, you can opt out by changing the settings in Preferences | Appearance & Behavior | System Settings | Data Sharing
- There’s an EAP version of the documentation as well
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PyCharm 2023.3 Early Access Program Is Open!
UI/UX Enhancements, Support for PEP 647, and More The Early Access Program for PyCharm 2023.3 kicks off today, offering you a sneak peek of the exciting new features and improvements we expect to include in the next major release. If you’re not familiar with how the EAP works, please read this…
PyCharm 2023.2 EAP 5: Black Formatter Integration, Endpoints Tool Window for Django REST Framework
This EAP build includes the Black formatter integration, a new Endpoints tool window for Django REST framework, the Run Anything tool, support for installing dependencies from pyproject.toml, inlay parameter name hints, and much more!
PyCharm 2023.2 EAP 4 Is Out!
The third EAP build brings improvements that include the new AI assistant and support for DevContainers.