2019.3 EAP 2
We have a new Early Access Program (EAP) version of PyCharm that can be now downloaded from our website.
New in the EAP
- Support was added for namespaces coming from packages. PyCharm now recognizes namespaces defined by other packages.
- Fixed a TensorFlow issue with its new version that wasn’t allowing PyCharm to recognize it properly as a library.
- Annotations were improved in a way that they won’t show unnecessary error messages for string literals.
- We fixed the position of the caret when an input is called for on the console. Before it was being shown at the beginning of the input call and now it is properly positioned at the end right next to where the input is about to be introduced.
- The autocomplete for methods inside classes now includes the ‘self’ parameter if smart enter is used.
- The code inspection warning reprioritized the list of actions, giving a higher priority to quick fixes rather than run/debug actions.
- Option to customize scrollbar visibility from the appearance settings.
- And much more, check out the release notes for further details.
Get the latest EAP build from our website. Alternatively, you can use the JetBrains Toolbox App to stay up to date throughout the entire EAP.
EAP Program Key Facts
- The EAP version of PyCharm Professional Version is free to use
- EAP build will expire after 30 days
- This is pre-release software, you may face stability issues and other rough edges
- You can install the EAP version alongside a stable version of PyCharm
- EAP versions of PyCharm report statistics by default, you can opt out by changing the settings in Preferences | Appearance & Behavior | System Settings | Data Sharing
- There’s an EAP version of the documentation as well
Subscribe to Blog updates
PyCharm 2024.1 EAP 6: In-editor Code Review
Our new EAP build for PyCharm 2024.1 is now available for you to download! This new build is packed with a bunch of updates to the integration with version control systems. You can download the new version from our website, update directly from the IDE or via the free Toolbox App, or use snaps…
PyCharm 2024.1 EAP 5: Model Cards for Hugging Face Models, Updates for the HTTP Client, and More
Packed with numerous new features and enhancements, PyCharm 2024.1 EAP 5 brings extended support for GitHub Actions, updates to the HTTP Client, and much more.
PyCharm 2024.1 EAP 4: Sticky Lines, and More
The Early Access Program for PyCharm 2024.1 continues with our latest build where you can preview new features, including convenient sticky lines in the editor, and more.