PyCharm 2019.2.3 is now available!
Fixed in this Version
- We solved an issue that was causing an error when invoking string literals.
- Regression errors were fixed in the debugger:
- The usage of multiprocessing on programs resulted on the inability to debug them and that was solved.
- We fixed the issue that caused uncaught exceptions not to show traceback data.
- Breakpoint usage while executing code in debug mode was causing different execution behaviors resulting in errors and that was fixed.
- The problem causing Python interpreter not to be properly set if downloaded from the Windows Store was fixed.
- The SVN performance was improved to avoid unnecessary processing of SVN operations’ results. Now projects with large amount of files using such version control system will experience enhanced processing times.
- Some other platform issues were solved as well and much more, check out our release notes for more details.
Getting the New Version
You can update PyCharm by choosing Help | Check for Updates (or PyCharm | Check for Updates on macOS) in the IDE. PyCharm will be able to patch itself to the new version, there should no longer be a need to run the full installer.
If you’re on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, or any other Linux distribution that supports snap, you should not need to upgrade manually, you’ll automatically receive the new version.
Subscribe to Blog updates
PyCharm 2024.1 EAP 6: In-editor Code Review
Our new EAP build for PyCharm 2024.1 is now available for you to download! This new build is packed with a bunch of updates to the integration with version control systems. You can download the new version from our website, update directly from the IDE or via the free Toolbox App, or use snaps…
PyCharm 2024.1 EAP 5: Model Cards for Hugging Face Models, Updates for the HTTP Client, and More
Packed with numerous new features and enhancements, PyCharm 2024.1 EAP 5 brings extended support for GitHub Actions, updates to the HTTP Client, and much more.
PyCharm 2024.1 EAP 4: Sticky Lines, and More
The Early Access Program for PyCharm 2024.1 continues with our latest build where you can preview new features, including convenient sticky lines in the editor, and more.