PyCharm 2019.3 Release Candidate

Joaquin Treviño

The release of PyCharm 2019.3 is right around the corner and we’re excited to announce we now have available a release candidate version. Check it out by downloading it from our website!

Improvements in this version

• We’ve solved the issues causing remote interpreters to take a considerable amount of time and take up a lot of space while running commands. With this version expect remote interpreter usage to be less time and space consuming.
  • The visualization of executed cells for Jupyter Notebooks was improved. In the past, executing a cell might caused some misplacement by scrolling out of the result view that corresponded to the executed cell and that is no longer an issue.
  • A regression issue that caused the debugger not to work properly when special characters were used in the paths of files was fixed.
  • This version makes also the `Run | Attach to Process` action to be compatible with Python 3.8. If you’re running local processes with Python 3.8 you can now use the debugger capabilities the same way you usually do it in PyCharm.

Read the release notes to learn more.

Interested?

Download the RC from our website. Alternatively, you can use the JetBrains Toolbox App to stay up to date.

If you’re on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, you can use snap to get PyCharm RC versions, and stay up to date. You can find the installation instructions on our website.

The release candidate (RC) is not an early access program (EAP) build, and does not bundle an EAP license. If you get PyCharm Professional Edition RC, you will either need a currently active PyCharm subscription, or you will receive a 30-day free trial.

Comments below can no longer be edited.

11 Responses to PyCharm 2019.3 Release Candidate

1. Mike says:

November 24, 2019

This RC is broken, it does not come up. I removed system and config folders -> still no luck.
    How can I download previous EAP?

Error is:

2019-11-24 14:01:54,892 [ 1847] ERROR – tellij.diagnostic.LoadingState – PyCharm 2019.3 RC Build #PY-193.5233.62
    2019-11-24 14:01:54,893 [ 1848] ERROR – tellij.diagnostic.LoadingState – JDK: 1.8.0_66; VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM; Vendor: Oracle Corporation
    2019-11-24 14:01:54,893 [ 1848] ERROR – tellij.diagnostic.LoadingState – OS: Linux
    2019-11-24 14:01:56,602 [ 3557] ERROR – llij.ide.plugins.PluginManager – null
    java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at com.intellij.ide.a.h.Q

2. Michael says:

November 30, 2019

For all of the early access and beta versions for 2019.3 (as well as the release candidate) I haven’t been able to start pycharm and have been getting the following error message on startup:

“Corrupted Installation: Missing essential plugins:
    Pythonid
    com.jetbrains.pycharm.pro.customization
    Please reinstall PyCharm from scratch.”

I’m running Pop_OS! (a version of ubuntu). Does anyone know how I fix this problem?

• Pavel says:

December 6, 2019

Hi Michael, I am sorry for the late response. Please see the workaround from https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/PY-38866 You need to enable YAML plugin.

• seven says:

December 7, 2019

The same error happens with pycharm2019.3 on win10

• Junjie Yuan says:

December 17, 2019

Enable YAML plugin will fix it.

• Brandon says:

December 20, 2019

This is an issue even now that PyCharm 2019.3.1 has been fully released. I am no longer able to start PyCharm due to this error. Even when I download a fresh tarball and use that I get the same message.

In order to fix it I had to completely remove my .PyCharm2019.3 config folder. There must be some setting from a previous version that causes this to happpppen.

3. Jacco Hoeve says:

December 6, 2019

@Michael

I got the same error. Removing ‘disabled_plugins.txt’ from ‘.PyCharm2019.3/config’ was the solution for me.

4. Petr Shypila says:

December 6, 2019

Confirming Michael’l message. I cannot launch my PyCharm after updating to 2019.3 RELEASE with same error message:

“Corrupted Installation: Missing essential plugins:
    Pythonid
    com.jetbrains.pycharm.pro.customization
    Please reinstall PyCharm from scratch.”

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. Grate release, folks!

5. Patrick says:

December 9, 2019

I just upgraded to 2019.3, and I’m now unable to change values of variables in the debugger console. (Same issue as discussed here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58256801/pycharm-debugger-console-cant-change-the-value-of-a-variable )

Yes, I can change a simple variable’s value in the debugger’s variable viewer, but this won’t work for objects like dataframes or other objects that need to be created with code.

Anyone else having this problem?

6. Arun Gupta says:

December 18, 2019

Same Issue :

Missing essential plugins:

Pythonid
    com.jetbrains.pycharm.pro.customization

Please reinstall PyCharm from scratch.