Releases

PyCharm 2019.3 is out now

Interactive widgets for Jupyter notebooks, MongoDB support, and code assistance for all Python 3.8 features. Download the new version now, or upgrade from within you IDE.

New in PyCharm

• Interactive Widgets for Jupyter Notebooks. A picture is worth a thousand words, but making it interactive really makes your data come to life. Interactive widgets are now supported in PyCharm.
  • MongoDB Support. One of the most commonly used NoSQL databases is now supported by the database tools included in PyCharm Professional Edition.
  • We’ve completed support for all Python 3.8 features: you can now expect PyCharm-grade code completion when you use TypedDicts. We’ve also added support for Literal type annotations, and more.
  • Why is it that when you get a CSV file, it always has a very long name which is very prone to typos? We’ve now added a small convenience feature that’ll save you: completion for filenames in methods like open and Panda’s read_csv.

And many more improvements, like faster indexing of interpreters, read about them all on our What’s New page.

Comments below can no longer be edited.

13 Responses to PyCharm 2019.3 is out now

1. Avatar

Łukasz says:

January 19, 2016

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Robson Cordeiro says:

January 23, 2016

Thanks!

3. Avatar

Richard Brosnahan says:

July 21, 2016

These tutorials are terrific. They’re packed with very useful hints. I had to stop the playback many times to try out what was being demonstrated, because it was such a useful hint.

4. Avatar

Bill says:

March 24, 2017

I understand having a fast intro video ( #1) to show off how fast coding CAN be in Pycharm but the rest of them are way too fast for anyone who is not already an expert to follow without rewinding every step over and over to see what just happened in the previous blink of an eye!
    In fact, I have never seen any tutorial series for anything run even close to this speed!!

Please consider redoing the whole series at a reasonable speed – look at Pluralsight for examples on how to do tutorials well.

Bill

Python Learner says:

April 22, 2017

Totally agree, tried to learn and use Pycharm as it says the pycharm is the best Python IDE but this tutorial shy me away.

5. Avatar

Paul Everitt says:

March 24, 2017

Hi Bill. You bring up a good point, we label these as “tutorials” but really, they aren’t intended to be like Pluralsight. They are more of an overview and are intended to be 8 minutes or less.

6. Avatar

Dave Gibbs says:

May 22, 2017

Is anyone having success getting the Introduction to Python project automatically created with PyCharm Edu 3.5.1?

I have installed it several times and the project folder is there but it does not contain any of the lessons.

7. Avatar

Dave Gibbs says:

May 22, 2017

OK, in 3.51. the Introduction to Python is NOT properly created from the welcome screen, but it is created from File | New Project | Educational | Introduction to Python.

If someone at JetBrains can confirm/deny this, it would be helpful! I’ll have students fighting their way through this starting this week!

8. Avatar

Tano says:

December 6, 2019

This is not related to this relase, I would like to know why I this bug was made private, because it happens to me, also.: Issue PY-39474

“On 06 Dec 2019 11:10, Pavel Karateev restricted the visibility of an issue to a group of users that you don’t belong to.”

9. Avatar

Andrey says:

December 10, 2019

Broken release for me, getting ‘missing essential plugins:
    pythonid com.jetbrains.pycharm.pro.customization’
    Tried reinstall and upgrade – without hope.

It was already noted when it was release candidate –

10. Avatar

Bernardo says:

December 24, 2019

Thanks for bringing ipywidgets with this release, they seem to work but I am actually interested on ipyaggrid (which uses ipywidgets). When I try to render an ipyaggrid Grid I get the message:

“This notebook contains widget which is not supported by PyCharm. See JavaScript logs for more info”

Please tell us that it is planned to have support for ipyaggrid and other libraries that depend on ipywidgets.

Thanks!

11. Avatar

Markus says:

February 12, 2020

Why? After update to newest release the software stops loading with error message saying “Missing essential plug-ins: Pythonid com.jetbrains.pycharm.pro.customization. Please reinstall PyCharm from scratch”.
    I did on my iMac two times and still the same error comes up every single time I start PyCharm Thanks for this fucking mess. It all worked fine before. No, I am not using Catalina on my Macs – still Mojave.

Paul Everitt says:

February 22, 2020

Which release, production or EAP?

Discover more