Webinar Recording: “Django with PyCharm Tips and Tricks” with Paul Everitt
Yesterday we hosted a webinar showing some of PyCharm’s Django-specific features for speeding Django development. The recording is now available:
This webinar covered 20 tips and tricks for our Django support, but started with 4 tips on using the IDE effectively. You can browse the Django tips individually in our Django Tips and Tricks playlist, plus see our full-length Django screencasts playlist.
- IDE setup: theme, font, etc.
- 4 common tips: find action, reduce clutter by turning off tools, disable tabs, recent file
- Installed Apps
- Dependency Diagrams
- Installed App Navigation
- Custom manage.py tool
- Navigate view to template
- Autocomplete template_name in views
- Refactor Rename an app
- Spotting unresolved paths
- Support for Meta classes in models
- Using the Emmet system
- Live Templates
- Debugging Django templates
- Open the browser at a URL on server start
- Create template from usage
- Autocomplete in class-based views
- Navigate from a url pattern to a view
- Autocomplete URL strings in templates
- Show inferred model type information
- Generate Python type hints
Speaking To You
Paul is the PyCharm and WebStorm Developer Advocate at JetBrains. Before that, Paul was a co-founder of Zope Corporation, taking the first open source application server through $14M of funding. Paul has bootstrapped both the Python Software Foundation and the Plone Foundation. Paul was an officer in the US Navy, starting www.navy.mil in 1993.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!