PyCharm 2020.2.1 is out with fixes for small issues, including usability problems introduced by version 2020.2. Update from within PyCharm (Help | Check for Updates), using the JetBrains Toolbox, or by downloading the new version from our website.
In this version of PyCharm:
- Debugger binaries for Python 3.9
- Ability to debug python script on WSL 2
- Better performance experience for plotting matplotlib
- Collapsed the “External Libraries” tree in new projects
- JetBrains Runtime is rebased on top of OpenJDK 11.0.8
- Better typing speed experience after switching to OpenJDK 11.0.8
Besides, the following known issues have been resolved:
import osin Django settings.py (PY-43897)
- Function completion errors (PY-43053)
- Problems with changing the font size for Jupyter Notebook previews (PY-42955)
- Incorrect behavior of the “Add alias” refactoring (PY-24482)
- Incorrect Python version with Maya (PY-39469)
And many more small fixes, see our release notes for details.
Getting the New Version
You can update PyCharm by choosing Help | Check for Updates (or PyCharm | Check for Updates on macOS) in the IDE. PyCharm will be able to patch itself to the new version, there should no longer be a need to run the full installer.
If you’re on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, or any other Linux distribution that supports snap, you should not need to upgrade manually, you’ll automatically receive the new version.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PyCharm 2023.2: New Live Templates for Django, Black Formatter Integration, Run Anything, and AI Assistant
With this build, you can now type your Django code faster with the new live templates, reformat your code in one click with the integrated Black formatter, and generate commit messages with the help of AI Assistant. Read on below for the full list of enhancements!
PyCharm 2023.2 Release Candidate Is Out
You can get the latest build from our website, through the free Toolbox App, or via snaps for Ubuntu. To use this build, you need to have an active subscription to PyCharm Professional. Download PyCharm 2023.2 RC Please note that AI Assistant, which was previously included in th…
PyCharm 2023.1.3 Is Out!
PyCharm 2023.1.3 is out. Learn about the most notable fixes that this build brings.