PyCharm 2020.2.4 is out!
The new bug-fix release is out! Check out the latest improvements in PyCharm 2020.2.4.
You can upgrade to this new version from the IDE, with the Toolbox App, or using snaps if you are an Ubuntu user. It is also available for download from our website.
Here is a collection of the most notable updates:
- Fixed autocompletion in Python Console: it now suggests types and parameters [PY-45049].
- Fixed Python Console performance with large Pandas DataFrames and DataFrames that have dtype columns [PY 30650] [PY-44638].
- Drop into debugger on failed tests is now disabled by default, as it may slow down test performance in some cases. You can enable it by going to Preferences | Settings / Build, Execution, Deployment / Python Debugger and ticking the Drop into debugger on failed tests checkbox.
- Fixed the sizing issues with the Search and Replace pane [IDEA-248210].
- Fixed branch selection when opening the pull dialog [IDEA-251554].
- Fixed the issue causing new Git repositories not to be displayed in the VCS dialog [IDEA-249948].
The JetBrains Runtime is now based on OpenJDK 11.0.9. We’ve updated JBR 11 to 11.0.9+11-b944.49 with the following improvements:
- Fixed the way new projects open on macOS Big Sur [JBR-2879].
- Fixed the problem causing PyCharm to crash after exiting sleep mode on macOS Big Sur [JBR-2790].
You can find the full list of changes in the release notes. If you have any suggestions or concerns, please post them to our issue tracker or leave a comment on this blog post.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!