PyCharm 2020.2.4 is out!
The new bug-fix release is out! Check out the latest improvements in PyCharm 2020.2.4.
Here is a collection of the most notable updates:
- Fixed autocompletion in Python Console: it now suggests types and parameters [PY-45049].
- Fixed Python Console performance with large Pandas DataFrames and DataFrames that have dtype columns [PY 30650] [PY-44638].
- Drop into debugger on failed tests is now disabled by default, as it may slow down test performance in some cases. You can enable it by going to Preferences | Settings / Build, Execution, Deployment / Python Debugger and ticking the Drop into debugger on failed tests checkbox.
- Fixed the sizing issues with the Search and Replace pane [IDEA-248210].
- Fixed branch selection when opening the pull dialog [IDEA-251554].
- Fixed the issue causing new Git repositories not to be displayed in the VCS dialog [IDEA-249948].
The JetBrains Runtime is now based on OpenJDK 11.0.9. We’ve updated JBR 11 to 11.0.9+11-b944.49 with the following improvements:
- Fixed the way new projects open on macOS Big Sur [JBR-2879].
- Fixed the problem causing PyCharm to crash after exiting sleep mode on macOS Big Sur [JBR-2790].
You can find the full list of changes in the release notes. If you have any suggestions or concerns, please post them to our issue tracker or leave a comment on this blog post.