PyCharm 2020.3.1 Is Now Available!
Thank you for your feedback on the major 2020.3 release! We are working hard this December to make your PyCharm experience as smooth as possible, and today we give you the first bug fix release, PyCharm 2020.3.1.
Here is a list of some of the major bug fixes included in this release:
- Code analysis and code completion in PyCharm 2020.3 would sometimes get stuck and never finish. This issue has been solved.
- The debugger now works on Linux with Python 3.9 and Cython speedups.
- Python Console: parameter info and autocompletion is now displayed dynamically. Now it should be as easy, efficient, and comfortable to work in the Console as it is in the main Editor window.
- The type checker works correctly for the ‘argparse’ module.
- NamedTuple factories are now supported.
- PyCharm remembers the selected color theme for the Jupyter notebooks Preview pane.
- Having the Vue.js plugin enabled no longer affects Django template tags recognition.
- Settings for Django projects are no longer reset after closing the project.
- Setting up Docker as a remote interpreter doesn’t result in an empty package list.
- Standard library imports are now correctly resolved on Windows using the Python installed from Microsoft Store.
Please see the release notes for the full list of bugs fixed in PyCharm 2020.3.1.
Getting the New Version
You can update PyCharm by choosing Help | Check for Updates (or PyCharm | Check for Updates on macOS) in the IDE. PyCharm will be able to patch itself to the new version, there should no longer be a need to run the full installer.
If you’re on Ubuntu 16.04 or later, or any other Linux distribution that supports snap, you should not need to upgrade manually, you’ll automatically receive the new version.
Subscribe to Blog updates
PyCharm 2023.3.4: AI Assistant’s Efficiency Boosters and a more powerful Django Structure tool window
This year, we are trying out a new approach with our releases, moving away from a quarterly schedule to more regular monthly feature-rich releases. This change is intended to deliver new features more rapidly and streamline the feedback process. Upgrade to PyCharm 2023.3.4 New AI Assistant…
PyCharm 2024.1 EAP 6: In-editor Code Review
Our new EAP build for PyCharm 2024.1 is now available for you to download! This new build is packed with a bunch of updates to the integration with version control systems. You can download the new version from our website, update directly from the IDE or via the free Toolbox App, or use snaps…
PyCharm 2024.1 EAP 5: Model Cards for Hugging Face Models, Updates for the HTTP Client, and More
Packed with numerous new features and enhancements, PyCharm 2024.1 EAP 5 brings extended support for GitHub Actions, updates to the HTTP Client, and much more.