New Features and Enhancements in the R Plugin 2020.3
With the holiday season coming, the R plugin introduces more code assistance and runtime capabilities, UX features, and stability improvements. Try them with the brand new 2020.3 releases of JetBrains IDEs.
- Use run/debug configurations to manage the way the IDE executes your R code.
You can define the command-line arguments of the R script to be executed, the options of the R interpreter, or environmental variables. Configure once and run your script with the same predefined parameters.
- With the modified R interpreter selector, you can switch between various interpreters and quickly create new ones.
- Code assistance in the R plugin has become even more intelligent. We implemented code completion for
- S4 objects
- Shiny applications
- S4 objects
- Try the new way of package documentation preview. You can hover over any function, and the documentation popup appears.
- More UX improvements and fixes:
- Better Data Viewer UI
- Enhanced code debugger
- Stability improvements for RMarkdown
Subscribe to Blog updates
Buy PyCharm. Support Data Science.
This December, we’re offering new users a 30% discount for PyCharm Professional annual subscriptions. We’ll also donate all of the proceeds from this campaign to support NumFOCUS and their sponsored, data science, projects.
Guest Post: Four Ways To Quickly Display OpenCV Images During Debugging
This is a guest blog post by Adrian Boguszewski, author of OpenCV Image Viewer Plugin. The average programmer makes 70 errors per 1,000 lines of code and spends 75% of their time on debugging (source). In computer vision (CV), this process may involve not only fixing the code but also checking th…
2023 and Beyond: The Future of Data Science Told By 79,306 People
Data science has been the hottest thing for a while now, but it still continues to be a major talking point even today. In fact, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, it’s estimated that around 11.5 million data science jobs will be generated by 2026. We decided to look further into h…