PyCharm 2021.1.1: Improved Indexing and Jupyter Notebooks Experience
The first update of PyCharm 2021.1 brings some important bug fixes, including one that addresses an inability to find occurrences in files and in paths. It also provides improvements to the experience of working with Jupyter Notebooks, along with updates to a variety of other features.
Here are the major improvements:
- Find in Files: search is working well again. [IDEA-266391]
- Python Console: we’ve disabled the auto-import feature for the Python Console, so code completion should once again work smoothly there. [PY-47905]
- Jupyter Notebooks: autoscroll from and to Source now works in a synchronized manner for the preview and editor panes. [PY-47976]
- Jupyter Notebooks: the preview pane no longer freezes when the computer wakes up from a period of inactivity. [PY-45112]
- Code insight: code completion for NumPy no longer suggests inappropriate options due to the updated NumPy stubs. [PY-48166]
- Code insight: for the import alias action, only immediate attributes of the corresponding module or package are now suggested after a dot. [PY-47253]
- PyCharm no longer scans the home directory for virtual environments if a custom (preferred) virtualenv directory is deleted. PyCharm will instead switch back to keeping virtual environments inside projects. [PY-47913]
The complete list of improvements is available in the release notes.
Don’t forget to submit your bug reports and feature requests to our tracker.