PyCharm 2022.2 EAP 3 Is Out!
A new PyCharm 2022.2 EAP 3 build is available from our website, via the Toolbox App, or as a snap package (if you are using Ubuntu). If you are on macOS, there is a separate build for Apple Silicon (M1 chip).
Important: EAP builds are not fully tested and might be unstable.
Keyboard shortcut to change the font size globally
For this release, we’ve resolved a long-standing feature request by introducing a keyboard shortcut that changes the font size across all editors. To increase the font size, press ⌃⇧. /Alt+Shift+Period. To decrease it, press ⌃⇧,/Alt+Shift+Comma.
New setting to control the insertion of automatic parentheses
WSL: Customize the names of your virtual environments
This is a small but very practical improvement. In PyCharm 2022.2, you will be able to name virtual environments inside WSL in whichever way you find most suitable. Just go to Settings / Preferences | Project, find Python Interpreter | Show all, select and edit the WSL interpreter. Read more about setting up an interpreter using WSL on our Help page.
WSL: Debugger for Docker Desktop running in WSL
We enabled proper debugger support for Docker running in WSL. Take a look at this page to learn how to create run/debug configurations for Docker.
Notable bug fixes:
- Producing (displaying) plots using the WSL interpreter is now possible (no error appears) [PY-42827].
- The Conda environment is activated for Powershell on Windows 11 [PY-53979].
- Global components are now resolved in Vue Router projects [WEB-55665].
- Tailwind CSS coding assistance now works in Angular inlineTemplate and inlineStyles [WEB-52742].
- Support for the TypeScript typesVersions field in package.json files has been added [WEB-42898].