PyCharm 2022.2.2 Is Out!
We’ve just released the second bug-fix update for PyCharm 2022.2.
In this minor release, we’ve included major improvements for Python dataclass support.
For the attrs package, PyCharm now recognizes modern APIs such as attrs.define, attrs.mutable, and attrs.frozen, which are treated in the same way as attr.s, as well as attrs.field, which is treated in the same way as attr.ib.
PyCharm recognizes references to class attributes in docstrings, most notably in definitions of dataclasses and named tuples.
We’ve also improved the Rename refactoring for dataclass attributes. Renaming them in the constructor call will now update the definition, and vice versa. This also includes renaming attributes from docstrings.
This latest release includes the following fixes and improvements:
- The Python console now works correctly for projects where a remote interpreter was set up with the previous PyCharm version. [PY-55396]
- New Django projects on SSH or WSL are now created with a specific directory structure and the necessary environment. [PY-55110]
- Introspection for interpreters located in Docker images with non-root users now works as expected. [PY-50970]
- Parameterized “type” built-in is now recognized inside type hints. [PY-46257]
- enum.auto() calls are no longer reported as requiring an argument. [PY-53388]
- The Markdown auto-formatting action now correctly formats Markdown files with tables. [IDEA-262735]
- The IDE now shows a balloon notification in the background for pre-commit checks that finish with failing results. [IDEA-265084]
- Debugging no longer slows down when the watch return values option is enabled. [IDEA-300696]
You can find a full list of the resolved issues in the release notes.
We always look forward to your feedback and bug reports in our issue tracker.
Subscribe to Blog updates
PyCharm 2024.1 EAP 7: Support for Flask and FastAPI bigger applications in the Endpoints tool window
Notable updates include support for Flask and FastAPI bigger applications in the Endpoints tool window, improvements to the Version Control integrations and support for WireMock.
PyCharm 2023.3.4: AI Assistant’s Efficiency Boosters and a more powerful Django Structure tool window
This year, we are trying out a new approach with our releases, moving away from a quarterly schedule to more regular monthly feature-rich releases. This change is intended to deliver new features more rapidly and streamline the feedback process. Upgrade to PyCharm 2023.3.4 New AI Assistant…
PyCharm 2024.1 EAP 6: In-editor Code Review
Our new EAP build for PyCharm 2024.1 is now available for you to download! This new build is packed with a bunch of updates to the integration with version control systems. You can download the new version from our website, update directly from the IDE or via the free Toolbox App, or use snaps…