PyCharm 2023.3 EAP 4 Is Out!
The fourth build of the Early Access Program for PyCharm 2023.3 introduces:
- Native support for the requirements.txt files: PyCharm now has syntax highlighting and package names completion for requirements.txt.
- Live Preview for Django templates: to see the preview directly in the IDE, you first need to run the Django Server. You can now run the previously configured Django Server straight from the Live Preview pane. If there is more than one Django Server configured, you’ll need to select the needed Run Configuration from the Run widget.
- Live Preview for Django templates: you can now manually reload the preview and navigate to the previous view or the next one with dedicated buttons.
- Django Structure view: there is a new Django Structure tool window that provides a direct view of and navigation to all of a Django project’s apps, URLs, models, views, and other components.
- Support for PEP 646 Variadic Generics.
- Interactive plots in SciView: You can now move and arrange plots and zoom axes in the SciView tool window. You can save visualizations as HTML or PNG files. For this feature to work properly, an mpld3 library needs to be installed. You can manage the plots’ behaviors in Settings | Tools | Python Plots | Show plots in tool window.
- Table Charts: you can now view dataframes or series in graphical form. Just click Show Chart. The type of chart can be changed in the Series Settings menu. You can save the chart as a PNG file.
These are the most important updates for this build. For the full list of changes in this EAP build, read the release notes.
We’re dedicated to giving you the best possible experience, and your feedback is vital. If you find any bugs, please report them via our issue tracker. And if you have any questions or comments, feel free to share them in the comments below or get in touch with us on X (formerly Twitter).
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
PyCharm 2023.3 Release Candidate Is Out
PyCharm 2023.3 Release Candidate is now available! You can get the latest build from our website, through the free Toolbox App, or via snaps for Ubuntu. To use this build, you need to have an active subscription to PyCharm Professional. Download PyCharm 2023.3 RC As we prep…
PyCharm 2023.3 EAP 7 Is Out!
Enhancements to the Django Structure view, Search Everywhere and support for Angular 17
PyCharm 2023.3 EAP 6 Is Out!
Django project structure view, enhancements to Live Preview for Django Templates, interactive plots in SciView, and the ability to view dataframes or series as charts.