New Update for the Aqua Public Preview
We have been working hard to make Aqua more stable and bring increased functionality that test engineers need.
For this update, we want to share some fixes and new features that are ready for you to try. You can download the latest version from our website, update directly from the IDE, or update via the free Toolbox App.
Enhanced testing features include:
- Handling of untrusted websites in the Web Inspector [AQUA-45].
- Now, when a website is untrusted, we show you a dialog with the certificate’s details, and you can decide whether to accept or reject the certificate. Furthermore, you can see accepted certificates in
Settings Tool | Server | Certificates.
- Autocomplete options for ID and Class names [AQUA-6].
- Aqua now suggests existing IDs and class names from the web page in the Web Inspector.
Further improvements to the IDE experience:
- Faster import of Maven projects.
- New Java inspections and Java 20 support.
- Improved Extract Method refactoring for Java.
- Autocompletion in the JVM options field.
- Java SDK is now detected from the Gradle toolchain.
- Improved code review workflow for GitHub.
- Merged logs from all Docker Compose containers.
- Support for Azure Container Registry.
- Docker container health statuses are visible in the Services tool window.
- Better code insight for Python generic classes.
- Python Packages tool window enables the management of the attached projects’ packages.
- Usages inlay hints in Code Vision.
- Full IDE zoom.
- Improvement in the experience of Markdown editing.
That’s it for now, but don’t worry – we are listening to your feedback. We are almost finished with the support for Cypress and Playwright, so stay tuned for our upcoming release announcements.
Please use this form to share your feedback or ask any questions you might have.
To receive news about the latest improvements, subscribe to our blog and follow us on Twitter!
Happy automated testing!
The Aqua team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
Cypress Support Arrives to JetBrains Aqua
Exciting news from the Aqua team! We've heard you loud and clear and are thrilled to announce that Aqua now supports Cypress, the popular testing framework. Discover the support we've crafted to enhance your efficiency while working with Cypress. DOWNLOAD AQUA Cypress support Introducing Aqua's t…
Playwright Support Arrives to JetBrains Aqua
This is a special announcement from the Aqua team! We have been working hard to provide first-class support for the most popular testing frameworks, and Playwright support is something that our users have been requesting for a while. We are excited to announce that the new version of Aqua includes …
Introducing Aqua – A Powerful IDE for Test Automation by JetBrains
QA and test engineering are essential parts of modern software development. At JetBrains, we believe using the right tool matters for every job. Creating a separate tool for automated test development was a natural step for us, as it allows us to cover the needs of multi-role software development te…
What’s new in QA Tools 2022.2
Along with the updates for other JetBrains tools in this 2022.2 release cycle, the JetBrains QA Tools team is, too, delivering new features, bug fixes, and various enhancements. With this release, we mainly focused on the Page Object Editor provided by the Selenium UI Testing plugin. Let’s take a lo…