RubyMine 2 goes Beta – now cheaper and better!
Those who read this blog regularly probably know what we’ve been adding to RubyMine. We ourselves have made an overview recently and realized that the new version is definitely twice as good as RubyMine 1.0 so please welcome RubyMine 2.0 Beta.
RubyMine 2.0 will be available in mid-October free for all existing users, according to the licensing policy.
Major RubyMine 2.0 additions include:
- Ruby 1.9 and Rails 2.3.3 support
- 8 new Ruby refactorings to “Introduce…”, “Extract…” and “Inline… “
- Rock-star Cucumber scenarios editing
- Full Support for Shoulda testing framework
- Ruby in HAML editing and Sass syntax highlighting
- Rails i18n coding assistance
- Ruby code duplicates detection
- Integrated Ruby-aware spellchecker
- Ability to extend IDE using Ruby scripts
- TeamCity integration plugin for RubyMine IDE
- 100+ IDE improvements and more than 200 fixed issues.
Read and see more about the new features and download RubyMine 2.0 Beta to try the above features today.
And that is not all the news! We continue our good tradition to offer beta discounts, so during the Beta RubyMine costs 20% less! Which means, buy RubyMine 2.0 today to save!
And one hot feature for the desert: you can now instantly open controller action in your browser: Alt+F2