Deployment from RubyMine. Sync files via FTP/SFTP, etc.
RubyMine 3.2 comes with a new plugin bundled — “Remote Host Access”.
The plugin’s main feature is to allow you quickly upload your files from the IDE to a remote or local server or a mapped network drive.
You can find the options under the Tools | Deployment menu.
The functionality is pretty straightforward: you need to configure a “remote host” for your project (or several with one being the default) and then you can:
- Upload file(s) to a remote host on demand
- Auto-upload file to the default remote host on file save
- Browse remote host
- Download file from a remote host
- Compare local and remote file
Two additional tool-windows appear once you start using the deployment:
- File Transfer shows the log of all transfer operations
- Remote Host allows to browse the remote host
If you find this new functionality useful, try it and let us know what you think. It was originally developed for RubyMine’s sister IDE PhpStorm and we are sure there are still ways to make it more helpful for Ruby/Rails projects. We need your input!
Develop with pleasure!
The JetBrains RubyMine Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!