RubyMine 4.0 Release Candidate is Here

Tatiana Vasilyeva

Hello everyone,

Here we are. RubyMine 4 release candidate is ready! We have fixed a couple of speed regression problems (thanks for your reports and snapshots sent to us) and have polished the release features a little bit more. You can also now choose a Rake task to launch it automatically before any of your run/debug configurations starts. So with this feature as the last one we definitely freeze the release version and focus on last fixes.

Please download RC build from our EAP page. You can find all major 4.0 version changes on RubyMine site and take a look at the latest changes in release notes.

Expect the final release next week.

Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains RubyMine Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

7 Responses to RubyMine 4.0 Release Candidate is Here

1. ruby.freeman says:

February 9, 2012

It would be great to have menu font anti-aliasing work again as in 112.477 build before final release is out. Ticket is alread created and assigned

2. Jordan says:

February 10, 2012

My RubyMine 3 license that I renewed in September just stopped working as of this EAP update, is that the expected behavior?

• Dennis Ushakov says:

February 10, 2012

Please write a letter to me(dennis.ushakov@jetbrains.com) and we will check the problem with your license

3. J. Pablo Fernández says:

February 10, 2012

After the initial problem with tests, which was promptly fixed, everything has been well and smooth with RubyMine 4.0 and I use it all day, almost every day.

• Dennis Ushakov says:

February 10, 2012

We’re glad to hear it! Develop with pleasure! 🙂

4. Jan Limpens says:

February 10, 2012

I am unable to continue to use my ver 3 license and the registration dialog does not offer an evaluation period. What to do?

• Dennis Ushakov says:

February 10, 2012

Please try RC2 and see if it’s still a problem. In case it’s still not working for you, drop me (dennis.ushakov@jetbrains.com) a letter and we’ll take a look