RubyMine 5.4 is Here and Ready for Rails 4
We did it! RubyMine 5.4 is officially available for download.
We share the community’s excitement about the upcoming Rails 4 final release. Cause of that we are ready to share the next lot of features only two months after the release of RubyMine 5. And first of all, we’ve made sure that RubyMine 5.4 supports the newest framework features.
The other key changes in RubyMine 5.4 include:
- Debugging on device is now available for RubyMotion apps.
- Emmet abbreviations are now supported for faster HTML & CSS coding.
- CoffeeScript debugger can now be run for non-Rails apps with a help of Node.js.
- REST Client plugin is now bundled in the IDE.
- Nailgun support helps you be more efficient with JRuby.
In addition, RubyMine 5.4 brings a number of improvements to the new dark color scheme Darcula; extended support for remote interpreters and Ruby 2.0; and more. Read more about what’s new and download RubyMine 5.4.
Note that RubyMine 5.4 is a free update for everyone who purchased their RubyMine license after April 11, 2012. Learn more about RubyMine 5.4 pricing.
We would like to thank all of you, who have voted for issues, submitted features requests and have been trying RubyMine during the Early Access Program. We always appreciate your feedback!
And as usual, a 30-day trial is available if you want to try RubyMine as your new Ruby on Rails IDE.
Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains RubyMine Team