RubyMine 5.4 is Here and Ready for Rails 4

Posted on by Tatiana Vasilyeva

Hello everyone,

We did it! RubyMine 5.4 is officially available for download.

We share the community’s excitement about the upcoming Rails 4 final release. Cause of that we are ready to share the next lot of features only two months after the release of RubyMine 5. And first of all, we’ve made sure that RubyMine 5.4 supports the newest framework features.

The other key changes in RubyMine 5.4 include:

• Debugging on device is now available for RubyMotion apps.
  • Emmet abbreviations are now supported for faster HTML & CSS coding.
  • CoffeeScript debugger can now be run for non-Rails apps with a help of Node.js.
  • REST Client plugin is now bundled in the IDE.
  • Nailgun support helps you be more efficient with JRuby.

In addition, RubyMine 5.4 brings a number of improvements to the new dark color scheme Darcula; extended support for remote interpreters and Ruby 2.0; and more. Read more about what’s new and download RubyMine 5.4.

Note that RubyMine 5.4 is a free update for everyone who purchased their RubyMine license after April 11, 2012. Learn more about RubyMine 5.4 pricing.

We would like to thank all of you, who have voted for issues, submitted features requests and have been trying RubyMine during the Early Access Program. We always appreciate your feedback!

And as usual, a 30-day trial is available if you want to try RubyMine as your new Ruby on Rails IDE.

Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains RubyMine Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

14 Responses to RubyMine 5.4 is Here and Ready for Rails 4

1. Keith Schulze says:

April 12, 2013

Is debugging on device for RubyMotion apps also available for the IntelliJ IDEA 12.1 Ruby Plugin? Thanks.

• Dennis Ushakov says:

April 19, 2013

No, currently it’s not available due to the size of LLDB framework used for debugging (it’s more than whole plugin itself). When we resolve packaging problems it will be available.

2. Manfred says:

April 13, 2013

First Start of RubyMine 5.4 yields:
    createComponent() returns null for: class com.intellij.execution.RunManager

• Awais says:

July 17, 2013

I am facing the same error when i try top open a project in pycharm 2.7.3. Have u fixed it if yes then pls share how did u do it

• Stefan says:

July 29, 2013

I got the same error in IDEA 13.0 Build 130.1365. I could not open any project anymore. To solve the problem I removed the “plugin” folder located in ~./.IdeaIC13/config/.

• Gene says:

September 26, 2013

Thanks for that Stefan, it resolved my issue. On Win7, the file I removed was:
          C:\Users\\.PyCharm30\config

3. Marc Clifton says:

April 14, 2013

Does this version give me complete control to remap the shortcut keys to my own? (Apologies if this is already available, I’ve not been able to discover where.)

Marc

• Dennis Ushakov says:

April 19, 2013

You can do this in Settings | Keymaps

4. Kevin Neelands says:

April 18, 2013

I have JetBrains RubyMine 5.0.2 If I download the latest version 5.4 is that already paid for as part of the upgrade program, or am I downloading an evaluation version that I wall have to pay for in a month?

• Henry says:

April 18, 2013

I think you get upgrades for 1 year after you pay, so if you bought any version of rubymine in the last year, you’re eligible for all the latest.

• Dennis Ushakov says:

April 19, 2013

Yes, you are right. Everyone who bought license after 10 April 2012 is eligible for 5.4.

5. Colin Daly says:

February 7, 2014

Hi

I’m using RubyMine 5.4 and there is very annoying problem where it doesn’t recognize the “stabby lambda” operator ->
    I checked the settings and the language level is on 1.8 but it is greyed out and so I can’t change it. I’m using version 2.0.0-p353 – installed with rbenv.

Do you know how I can change the language level ?

Cheers
    Colin

6. Colin Daly says:

February 7, 2014

Ignore my previous question – I solved it by removing the SDK (only in RubyMine) and then re-adding it. When it was re-added, the language level went to 1.9 – solved.

Cheers