RubyMine 7.1 is finally out! Download and try it at your leisure.
This release is focused on better integration with Puppet for managing project infrastructure, while also improving your coding and web development experience.
As we continue to improve the Puppet plugin, RubyMine 7.1 brings many new features and improvements:
- Supports all the major language features of Puppet 4
- Resolves externally defined symbols such as facts, functions and types
- Additionally supports Puppet environments by defining a separate module path for each environment and automatically synchronizing the current environment with the git branch
As you may know, RubyMine is a part of our big and friendly family of IntelliJ-based products. The shared architecture helps us pool our resources and add new features to multiple IDEs around the same time. RubyMine 7.1 inherits many fascinating new features of WebStorm 10 to improve your web development experience:
- Better CoffeeScript with ?= operator supported, better navigation and formatter, and improved support for destructuring arrays and objects
- Support for TypeScript 1.4 union types, let and const keywords, as well as TypeScript 1.5 decorators and ES6 modules; compiling to JS code with all the errors highlighted in the editor on the fly within built-in compiler
More Productive Coding
We have also been focusing on new refactorings and editor features to boost your development productivity:
- The family of Move refactorings (Refactor|Move) is now enriched with long-awaited support for Ruby classes and modules
- A new inspection warns you if a new variable name is already in use while you apply the Rename refactoring
- Simultaneous HTML tag editing lets you edit just the opening HTML tag while RubyMine takes care of the closing one
- Distraction-free mode—a minimalistic UI with no toolbars, tool windows or tabs—is available when you need to fully focus on code and nothing else
- Scratch files can now be accessed and managed from the new Scratches tab
- The debugger now works with Ruby 2.2.x
- Vagrant commands are executed faster thanks to cached Vagrant ssh-config
- Phusion Passenger 5 (codenamed “Raptor”) is supported
- HiDPI support for Windows and Linux
- The Welcome screen and New Project wizard are now clearer and friendlier
To learn even more, please visit our What’s New page.
You can buy or renew your RubyMine license on our website. RubyMine 7.1 is a free update for you if you purchased or renewed your license on or after April 16, 2014. As usual, a 30-day trial is available if you want to try RubyMine as your new Ruby on Rails IDE.
And last but not least…
We couldn’t have done it without help from all of our early adopters. A million thanks for your invaluable feedback!
Develop with pleasure!
JetBrains RubyMine Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
RubyMine 2022.2 Released
Hi all, RubyMine 2022.2 is now available! Below is a brief overview of the most notable features. For a detailed description of this update, please visit our What's New page. Support for Rails URLs With RubyMine 2022.2 you can click links in server logs for View, Route, and other references to navi…
RubyMine 2022.1.1 Is Available
Hi all, RubyMine 2022.1.1, the first bug-fix update for the current major version, is now available. You can update using the Toolbox App, right from inside the IDE, or by downloading RubyMine 2022.1.1 from our website. With this update we fixed the issues that were caused when Rails 3 support wa…
RubyMine Plans to Retire Support for Rails 3 and Other Outdated Features
Dear all, As some of you already know, RubyMine 2022.1 was shipped without support for Rails 3. The reason for this decision was quite simple: Rails 3 reached End Of Life many years ago, and most of you had long since switched to the newer Rails releases. Hence, continuing to support Rails 3 in Rub…
RubyMine 2022.1 Released
Hello everyone, RubyMine 2022.1 is now available! Below is a brief overview of the most notable features. For a detailed description of this update, please visit our What’s New page. Support for new language features RubyMine 2022.1 includes support for most of the new Ruby and RBS features introdu…