RubyMine 2017.1.1 EAP: Bug-Fix Update

Posted on by Artem Sarkisov

Hi there,

RubyMine 2017.1.1 EAP (build 171.4073.18) is available to fix a painful regression that prevented running RSpec tests from context in the recently launched RubyMine 2017.1. Now it works just fine.

run rspec rubymine

As for other fixes, the inability to “Select all” that might have affected some users has been fixed. The fonts that lost anti-aliasing in v2017.1 have also become smooth again across all JetBrains IDEs.

If you are listening to our EAP channel, consider updating from the IDE (RubyMine | Check for updates) or downloading this EAP directly from our EAP page on Confluence.

See the release notes for the full list of improvements.

Cheers!

Your RubyMine Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

15 Responses to RubyMine 2017.1.1 EAP: Bug-Fix Update

1. James T says:

October 24, 2017

This issue seems to be present in 2017.2.4, in cases where a new rspec file is created and NOT added to git. If you add to git upon creation, the context menu option exists to run the rspec script.

• Olga Kuvardina says:

October 26, 2017

Hello James! I’ve checked your scenario in RubyMine 2017.2.4 but didn’t encounter any problem. Could you please provide me with a project sample (you can send it to rubymine-support@jetbrains.com)

• Tema says:

October 31, 2017

Olga, have you managed to reproduce the issue? I have the same issue on 2017.2.3 (unfortunately I’m unable to upgrade to 2017.2.4 due to another bug). Is there an issue in youtrack I can follow?

• Olga Kuvardina says:

October 31, 2017

Tema, I’ve checked it in RubyMine 2017.2.3 as well but didn’t manage to reproduce. One of the possible reasons is that you don’t have Gemfile with `rspec` gem in it (https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RUBY-20361). What bug prevents you from upgrading?

• Tema says:

October 31, 2017

This one https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RUBY-20185
            It looks like I have the similar issue. My external libraries are empty. I renamed gems.rb to Gemfile and it solved the issue. But after renaming it back to gems.rb I’m getting the following error 15:59 Error running ‘Run spec ‘foobar_spec’: money’: No Gemfile found

• Olga Kuvardina says:

October 31, 2017

gems.rb support has been implemented in the last RubyMine 2017.3 EAP: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RUBY-20093

• Tema says:

November 1, 2017

I tried EAP and another stopper found https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RUBY-20388 🙁

So, currently I have buggy 2017.2.3 and this bug was fixed in 2017.2.4, but 2017.2.4 has another bug. Both bugs are fixed in 2017.3 EAP but it has another bug. Thus, I have three versions with three bugs and I should chose which bug I like the most 🙂

2. Will says:

June 26, 2018

I am experiencing this issue yet again in 2018.1.3 as of this week. There needs to be at least some way to set test framework priority beyond apparently just their alphabetical order.

• Olga Kuvardina says:

June 27, 2018

Hello Will! Could you please specify what exactly doesn’t work in your case, I’ve checked and RSpec tests are run as RSpec in 2018.1.3 so probably you have another steps.

3. Ashley Angell says:

September 7, 2018

I am experiencing this with my 2018.2 installation. It is driving me crazy and costing me dearly in efficiency. The running of specs with context works from inside the file view, but when I click. folder from the project view, it will only ever run *_spec.rb’s inside the root of the /spec folder.

Can anyone help PLEASE?

• Artem Sarkisov says:

September 7, 2018

Could you please copy info from your About screen and send it to rubymine-support@jetbrains.com together with your logs (Help | Show Log in …)? The support team will take it from there!

• Artem Sarkisov says:

September 7, 2018

UPD there’s a known issue that looks like the one you’re experiencing, could you please check? https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RUBY-22243. You may vote for it to stay tuned for the updates.

4. Arturo Pie says:

February 12, 2019

Hi,

I’m running 2018.3.4 and see this issue when running just one example (e.g. context menu inside the ‘it’ block and ‘Run …’). It always runs unit test. This does not happen when running the entire file.
    Also, I’m not using ‘context’ in this case.

• Olga Kuvardina says:

February 13, 2019

Hello! Does it happen in another spec files? How does it go in case you remove the created Run configuration and run the block using context again?

• Arturo says:

February 13, 2019

Hi,

It is fixed now. I think removing the created Run configurations did it.

Thanks