RubyMine 2017.1.2 EAP: Improved Detection of Puppet Modules, Fixed Issues
We are working on the next version and in this post we’d like to announce RubyMine 2017.1.2 EAP (build 171.4249.6) which brings the following improvements:
This EAP build should fix the issues with the resolution of Puppet modules which surfaced after updating to v2017.1 and made users downgrade:
Now RubyMine can read
environment.conf. E.g., if you have
modules subdirectories and you specify
modulepath = site:modules in
environment.conf, the IDE will detect the modules in the
To make this work, you need to have
environment.conf inside the project you are currently working on, otherwise RubyMine won’t be able to detect it.
Also, the IDE now can detect modules in dependencies directories without the need for
metadata.json, as requested by our users. For example, if your environment contains
Puppetfile, then all subdirs inside the
/modules/ directory will be treated as modules regardless of
metadata.json. RubyMine will also catch the dependencies of those modules.
We’ve also fixed the following issues in this update:
- The regression that affected resolution of require calls containing “
- The inability to open or create
*.php.erbfiles in IntelliJ IDEA with simultaneously active PHP and Ruby plugins.
- Previously broken Go to implementation in Cucumber.
- Newly created RVM gemsets now get fetched properly.
See the release notes for the full list of improvements.
Your RubyMine Team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!