RubyMine 2020.2 EAP5: New Inspections Widget, Problems View, Improved Git Actions Dialogs, and More
RubyMine 2020.2 EAP5 is now available! Here are the main highlights in this build:
A new way to review problems in your code
RubyMine 2020.2 comes with a new Inspections Widget. This widget provides information about the number of warnings, errors, and other issues in the current file.
The widget is located in the top-right corner of the editor. It shows the number of issues in the current file, and the arrows on the right make it easy to navigate between them.
You can also configure the highlighting directly inside the widget, choosing between None, Errors Only, and All Problems.
This build also adds a new Problems View tool window that shows the list of warnings and errors in the current file and gives you a description of those problems. You can quickly fix the problems right from this tool window by invoking the Alt+Enter shortcut.
You can also navigate from the Problems View tool window to the place in your code where the problem was encountered by right-clicking the problem.
You can open this new Problems View by clicking on the Inspection Widget, or from the main menu: View | Tool Window | Problems.
Improved Git actions dialogs
We have redesigned the Git dialogs for actions such as Merge, Pull, and Rebase to have better visual consistency and less clutter. With these new dialogs, it’s easier to understand which Git command will be executed.
We’ve also added the
–rebase option to the Pull dialog and the
–no-verify option to the Merge dialog.
Early Access Program Key Facts
- The EAP version of RubyMine is free to use. It will expire 30 days after the release of the build.
- This is pre-release software, and it may not work as intended.
- You can install the EAP version alongside a stable version of RubyMine.
- EAP versions of RubyMine report statistics by default. These statistics help us improve user experience. You can opt out of statistics reporting by changing the settings in Preferences/Settings | Appearance & Behavior | System Settings | Data Sharing.
- EAP versions have their own documentation as well.
Join the Early Access Program
To learn about the newest features as they come out, please follow RubyMine on Twitter. We post product news and tips several times a week.
As always, we encourage you to share your thoughts in the comments below and to create and vote for the features you want to see using our issue tracker.
The RubyMine team