RubyMine 2020.3.1 is Available with Support for Apple Silicon
RubyMine 2020.3.1, the first bug-fix update for v2020.3, is now available!
Starting with this update, Mac users with the new M1 chip can download builds made specifically for Apple Silicon. Please note that to switch to this version you’ll have to install RubyMine either using the Toolbox app or by downloading it from our website.
The JetBrains Runtime (JBR) has been updated to 126.96.36.199+11-b1145.63 with the following improvements and bug-fixes:
In this update, you’ll find these important fixes:
- Removed a false warning for endless methods in Ruby 3.0: RUBY-27447
- Fixed an issue with code completion for RSpec assertions: RUBY-26444
- Fixed an issue with running IRB and Rails consoles on Windows: RUBY-27098
- Fixed an issue with backspace not working on the last line in an empty file: RUBY-27545
- Fixed duplication of Pull Request comments: IDEA-244965
- Fixed duplication of .run.xml files when running Compound Run Configurations: IDEA-255767
- Fixed tool windows in an empty state not closing via shortcuts: IDEA-252395
- Fixed an issue with the IDE not starting when checking out from GitHub using the JetBrains Toolbox browser extension: IDEA-253829
- Fixed the Expand/Collapse All buttons in the TODO tool window: IDEA-254558
- Fixed the erroneous behavior of the New File popup: IDEA-220755
- Fixed a problem preventing IDE settings from being exported into a file: IDEA-252588
The RubyMine team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
RubyMine 2022.3 Released!
RubyMine 2022.3 is now available! The latest version of our popular Ruby and Rails IDE is packed with improvements, including: A new UI that you can enable in the settingsEnhanced RBS support Improvements for working with shared contexts and examples in RSpecUpdated navigation and s…
RubyMine 2022.2 Released
Hi all, RubyMine 2022.2 is now available! Below is a brief overview of the most notable features. For a detailed description of this update, please visit our What's New page. Support for Rails URLs With RubyMine 2022.2 you can click links in server logs for View, Route, and other references to navi…
RubyMine 2022.1.1 Is Available
Hi all, RubyMine 2022.1.1, the first bug-fix update for the current major version, is now available. You can update using the Toolbox App, right from inside the IDE, or by downloading RubyMine 2022.1.1 from our website. With this update we fixed the issues that were caused when Rails 3 support wa…
RubyMine Plans to Retire Support for Rails 3 and Other Outdated Features
Dear all, As some of you already know, RubyMine 2022.1 was shipped without support for Rails 3. The reason for this decision was quite simple: Rails 3 reached End Of Life many years ago, and most of you had long since switched to the newer Rails releases. Hence, continuing to support Rails 3 in Rub…