RubyMine 2020.3.1 is Available with Support for Apple Silicon
RubyMine 2020.3.1, the first bug-fix update for v2020.3, is now available!
Starting with this update, Mac users with the new M1 chip can download builds made specifically for Apple Silicon. Please note that to switch to this version you’ll have to install RubyMine either using the Toolbox app or by downloading it from our website.
The JetBrains Runtime (JBR) has been updated to 184.108.40.206+11-b1145.63 with the following improvements and bug-fixes:
In this update, you’ll find these important fixes:
- Removed a false warning for endless methods in Ruby 3.0: RUBY-27447
- Fixed an issue with code completion for RSpec assertions: RUBY-26444
- Fixed an issue with running IRB and Rails consoles on Windows: RUBY-27098
- Fixed an issue with backspace not working on the last line in an empty file: RUBY-27545
- Fixed duplication of Pull Request comments: IDEA-244965
- Fixed duplication of .run.xml files when running Compound Run Configurations: IDEA-255767
- Fixed tool windows in an empty state not closing via shortcuts: IDEA-252395
- Fixed an issue with the IDE not starting when checking out from GitHub using the JetBrains Toolbox browser extension: IDEA-253829
- Fixed the Expand/Collapse All buttons in the TODO tool window: IDEA-254558
- Fixed the erroneous behavior of the New File popup: IDEA-220755
- Fixed a problem preventing IDE settings from being exported into a file: IDEA-252588
You can update using the Toolbox App or right from inside the IDE. You can also download RubyMine 2020.3.1 from our website.
Check out the release notes for the complete list of closed tickets. And as always, please report any issues you encounter.
The RubyMine team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!