Scala Plugin 1.3 is Available for IntelliJ IDEA 14.0.3
We’ve just released Scala Plugin 1.3! If you haven’t been following the recent EAP, here’s what this new update has to offer:
- Debugger improvements
- Variables from the outer scopes are visible in the Variables tab now: there is no need to evaluate expressions or step through frames anymore.
- Step into action now works in a more natural way for lambda expressions, methods implemented in traits, default arguments, specialization methods, etc.
- Support for Monocle
- Unused imports inspections are now aware about the implicit parameters in the implicit conversions for extension methods
- Possibility to have custom compiler settings for different modules
- Fixed requirement of Invalidate Caches to get rid of weird error highlighting in project
- Fixed Specs2 3.M1 support
- Automake with enabled compiler server is working now
- SBT shared source roots support for ScalaJS projects (see SCL-7859)
Find the complete list of changes in the Release Notes.
Note that to use Scala Plugin 1.3, you need the most recent version of IntelliJ IDEA (IntelliJ IDEA 14.0.3).
Develop with Pleasure!
IntelliJ Scala Plugin 2023.2 Is Out!
Better Scala 3 Support IntelliJ IDEA 2023.2 brings enhanced Scala 3 support, with a focus on providing a streamlined development experience. Notable improvements include fixes for Scala 3 enum highlighting, navigation to enum definitions, and the correct resolution of enum cases in various contex…
IntelliJ Scala Plugin 2023.1 Is Out!
Improved support for braceless Scala syntax IntelliJ IDEA can now desugar braceless Scala code properly, and it handles refactorings where the “fewer braces” feature is used. It also supports braceless syntax in worksheets and correctly interprets indentation when you move extensions methods up a…
IntelliJ Scala Plugin 2022.3 Is Out!
This release has been again focused on Scala 3, but there are also quite a few other improvements. Better Scala 3 support In v2022.3, we’ve introduced a large number of upgrades to provide better Scala 3 support. The IDE now supports parameter untupling and quoted patterns, and it features man…
IntelliJ Scala Plugin 2022.2 Is Out!
This release has been again focused on improving Scala 3 support, but there are also a few other improvements. Better Scala 3 support As of v.2022.2, IntelliJ IDEA can read match types from .tasty files, properly parse them, resolve type variables, use them as type arguments, support inspectio…