Scala Plugin 1.3.3 RC is Available

With IntelliJ IDEA 14.1 EAP that has started earlier this week, we now have Scala plugin EAP available for both versions of this IDE.

As Scala plugin 1.3 proved to contain some performance problems, today we are releasing Scala plugin 1.3.3 RC, a preview build with the corresponding fixes. One more important change in this build is the option to rollback to the old implicit search algorithm via Settings/Preferences → Languages & Frameworks → Scala → Use old implicit conversion search algorithm. Use this option only if you encounter red code or performance problems. In this case please do report these issues to our tracker. This will help us safely migrate to the proper new  algorithm.

Develop with Pleasure!

This entry was posted in EAP and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Scala Plugin 1.3.3 RC is Available

1. Donald McLean says:

Very nice, but where is it? I haven’t been able to find a page for 14.1 builds.

2. Daniel Miranda says:

With the new version the Scala preferences page is stuck on ‘Loading’ and never opens. I’m using IDEA 14.0.3 on Fedora 21.

• Alexander Podkhalyuzin says:

Should be fixed in new EAP update as well as performance (I finally found actual reason).

Best regards,
      Alexander Podkhalyuzin.

3. Mark T. Kennedy says:

I just downloaded the new Idea EAP. It did not detect any new Scala plugin. I uninstalled the existing Scala plugin and tried to install the newer EAP version. It seemed to install. But after restarting, nothing showed up. No error message. No explanation.

4. Wolfgang Buchner says:

Just downloaded and installed new EAP version.

Working like a charm right now.

– Fast initial start of IntelliJ
    – No implicit type conversion errors so far

5. Daniel Bell says:

I’ve noticed that I no longer have the option to import object methods from the alt-enter menu, is this an intentional change? I always thought it was pretty handy

6. Donald McLean says:

What happened to the nightly builds? There’s been a number of checkins over the last couple of weeks but no builds on any page that I could find.

7. Matthias says:

Hi,

would it be possible to fix this bug in the near future? It seems to care nobody that this bug appears since the first Release of IDEA 14 and it’s new scala plugin :-(