TeamCity 2017.2.2 is released

Julia Alexandrova

Here is another update for our latest version, TeamCity 2017.2.2.

This bugfix update addresses over 100 issues, all of them listed in the Release notes.

We recommend updating to this version as it contains several security and performance fixes.

Build 50909 uses the same data format as all the 2017.2.x releases and you can freely upgrade or downgrade if required.

Upgrading is especially easy if you are using TeamCity 2017.2.x – you can use automatic update. To upgrade from older versions, download TeamCity 2017.2.2 and install it on your server.

Your feedback is always welcome in our forum and tracker.

Happy building!

Comments below can no longer be edited.

11 Responses to TeamCity 2017.2.2 is released

1. Trevor says:

February 6, 2018

I upgraded to 2017.2.2 and have been bitten by the lack of mercurial largefiles support on the server, which I only found out here… https://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/TCD10/Mercurial

Now I am getting this error
    Failed to collect changes, error: ‘hg –config ui.interactive=False pull –config extensions.progress= –config “progress.format=topic number” –config progress.delay=0 –config progress.assume-tty=True \\repopath’ command failed.
    stderr: abort: unknown repository format: requires features ‘largefiles’ (upgrade Mercurial)!

It appears this is a security concern but there are no details and now I can’t build anything.

2. Dmitry says:

February 6, 2018

Hi Trevor,

this change was described in upgrade notes: https://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/TCD10/Upgrade+Notes. We disabled custom configs on TeamCity server because it allows arbitrary code execution. Please add the following:

[extensions]
    largefiles =

to the ~/.hgrc of the user who runs TeamCity server.

3. Netto says:

May 2, 2018

Hi, recently I upgraded my docker image to TeamCity Server 2017.2.2 (from 2017.1.4) and realized I got 100 free build configurations. The previous versions let me use just 20 of them, is that all right?!

• Yegor Naumov says:

May 3, 2018

Yes, this is correct. Since the version 2017.2, the number of free build configurations has been increased to 100.
      Also, a couple of nice Docker-related features have been released, you might want to check it out: https://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/whatsnew/

• Netto says:

May 3, 2018

Awesome!! Thanks for the info Yegor.

God Bless you all from JetBrains team! =D

4. Matthew Copeland says:

May 17, 2018

Unfortunately the “Automatic Update” documentation does not specify what happens in the event of a failure.

It does state that “Create a backup of the current installation in the TeamCity home/.old directory.”

In the event of the failure, how do we restore to the state prior to the automatic update starting? Or is this all handled for us?

• Julia Alexandrova says:

May 18, 2018

Matthew, TeamCity home/logs/teamcity-update.log should help you identify the problem. To  restore to the state prior to the automatic update, copy the files from the TeamCity home/.old directory to the TeamCity home and restart the server.

• Matthew Copeland says:

May 18, 2018

Thanks Julia.

Perhaps Confluence has a method for allowing private feedback on your documentation?
        I could have made the suggestion to improve the Auto Update documentation with this valuable information.

Again, thank you for the timely response!

• Matthew Copeland says:

May 18, 2018

Two things for anybody that finds this in a search.

First, when Julia says restart the sever, she means literally the server OS. I was unable to restart the service in Windows Server 2012. This needs to be taken into account when planning for failure.

Second, if you follow her steps, when the server restarts you get a messaged that the TeamCity installation is corrupted.
        Where Build_X corresponds to the new version you attempted to update to(in my case it was BUILD_51228 for 17.4.4)
        In addition to copying files over from the .old directory, you also have to delete the BUILD_X files from the “TeamCity home” and “TeamCity home\webapps\ROOT” directory.

Only then was I able to restart the server and recover my old installation.

No I have all of my old installation files, interspersed with thousands of new files from the failed “automatic update”. I am not feeling confident that I will ever be able to successfully perform an automatic update. If I was a betting man, I am going to have perform a clean install…

• Matthew Copeland says:

May 18, 2018

Julia,

I don’t suppose you have a contact that I could communicate with concerning “auto update” experiences in the wild? I get the sense that this is still really “beta code” and I would be willing to share my experiences to improve the feature. If so, please send contact info to email I used for this post.

Thanks!

• Dmitry Treskunov says:

May 18, 2018

Hi Matthew,

Could you please create a request in our issue tracker https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/TW describing the issues happened while upgrading the server?