TeamCity 2020.2.3 is here
TeamCity version 2020.2.3 is released.
The new release comes with over 80 fixes and improvements, including the following:
- When you create a project or build configuration from a Git repository URL, TeamCity will allow changing the default branch and branch specification right in the creation wizard. If you actively use feature branches, you can now easily select them from the start, with no need to go and reconfigure the VCS root settings.
- If you prefer the users of your TeamCity server to authenticate through third-party services (for example, GitHub), you can now globally hide the default username/password login fields. This way, the users will not be distracted by the built-in authentication form and will smoothly proceed with the available authentication options.
Note that this option can only be enabled by Server Administrators.
- Performance fixes for faster operations and better hardware utilization.
- Small enhancements for the experimental UI.
We strongly recommend upgrading as this version resolves several security problems as well. The full list of fixes is available in our release notes.
As any bugfix update, 2020.2.3 shares the same data format with all the 2020.2.x releases, so you can easily upgrade/downgrade TeamCity within these versions without performing a backup/restore procedure.
Remember to check our upgrade notes and use one of the following options to upgrade:
- upgrade from your recent version with our automatic update
- download the new version from the website
- pull the TeamCity Docker image
Your feedback is welcome in our forum or tracker.
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!