PHP Debugger News
Today we would like to share with you several improvements for PHP debugger we added recently. They are available in the latest Web IDE EAP build #445.
- Debug session start action. You can choose the action to be taken when debug session is started. Namely, to debug a single page, select ‘open page in browser’. Alternatively, you may want Web IDE just to listen to the incoming connection from Xdebug while you open the page manually or via script. Don’t forget to specify correct ide key (see http://xdebug.org/docs/remote#browser_session for details).
- Concurrent debugging sessions. You can even debug a page in two sessions simultaneously.
- Break at first line. You might want debugger to break on the first line of code, there’s now an option for this in debug configuration settings.
- Stop/keep session. There’s also an option to keep debug session alive after a PHP page is processed. This is useful if your main page produces links to auxiliary pages and you’d like to debug these, too.
- Step into selection. PHP debugger got smart step into feature. If you have several calls in a single line you can easily select which one you want to step in!
This functionality is available in Web IDE EAP builds starting from build 445.
-JetBrains Web IDE Team
Working with Windows Azure SQL Database in PhpStorm
PhpStorm provides us the possibility to connect to Windows Azure SQL Database right from within the IDE. In this post, we’ll explore several options that are available for working with Windows Azure SQL Database (or database systems like SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle, for that matter): …
Change signature refactoring in PhpStorm
A very powerful refactoring is the Change signature refactoring in PhpStorm. It enables us to modify a function signature in many ways: we can change the function name, change its visibility, add, remove and reorder parameters as well as rename parameters. (more…)…
Folding for imports in PhpStorm 6.0
In PhpStorm 6, we've introduced code folding for imports. Any list of imports will now be folded into a single line. This greatly reduced clutter in your editor when having a lot of imports! (more…)…
Drag & Drop Project Files to Remote Hosts in PhpStorm
The Remote Host pane allows us to work directly on a remote server through FTP, FTPS, SFTP or a local/network folder. A lot of people asked us to add drag & drop to the Remote Host pane in PhpStorm. Good news: PhpStorm 6 comes with drag & drop as well as copy & paste support from the pro…