PhpStorm 5.0 released: more robust PHP editor, new Symfony2 MVC view, better SQL support
PhpStorm 5.0 is ready! You are welcome to download the new version of our advanced PHP IDE and get to coding right away.
You could’ve read about some of the new features here or ever tried them during Early Access. In general PhpStorm 5.0 is maintaining its focus on PHP code quality and all-around developer productivity, but also extends its support for modern PHP frameworks. Here is the list of most important new features
- PHP editor: reworked type inference engine for variables and class fields, added support for callback references and many other quality and performance improvements.
- New MVC view is introduced for Symfony2 & Yii.
- Many additions in SQL/Databases support, including live database schema refactoring, stored procedures editing, schema migration scripts generation, improved SQL completion and many more.
- Added ability to specify own PHP CodeSniffer coding standards.
- Support for Symfony2 coding standards.
- ‘Live Edit’ mode for PHP/HTML/CSS/JS.
- and many other changes.
For more details please read what’s new in PhpStorm 5.0.
PhpStorm 5.0 is a free update for everyone who purchased their license after Sep 12, 2011.
Back to School Sale is almost over!
Hurry up to get up to 50% OFF personal licenses for PhpStorm and other JetBrains products before September 14th.
Special offer details.
JetBrains PhpStorm and JetBrains WebStorm have their own separate resources. This WebIDE Blog is Closed
For quite a while we have been sharing this blog and other resources for both PhpStorm and WebStorm IDEs. We came to the conclusion it’s time to let these products have their own separate resources. From now on, please follow the new PhpStorm Blog and/or WebStorm Blog to get the most relevant information for the product you use.
WebStorm 6.0.1 is available
We'd like to announce the availability of the first bugfix update of WebStorm 6.0, version 6.0.1. The new release includes a fairly small number of Web-specific bugfixes, which are detailed in the release notes. The build is available for download and for patch-based upgrade if you're currently runn…
PhpStorm 6.0 released: composer, code (re)arranger, new refactorings, REST Client, Darcula & more
PhpStorm 6.0, the new major release of our professional PHP IDE, is now available for download! With this release, we invite all PHP developers to redefine their productivity and adopt the best technologies available today to quickly produce neat and well-tested code. The key features of PhpSt…
WebStorm 6.0 released: adds TypeScript, debugging with source maps, fresh UI and much more