Webstorm logo

The WebStorm Blog

The Smartest JavaScript IDE

Early Access Program

WebStorm 6 EAP build 126.37

WebStorm 6 EAP build 126.37 is now ready for download. What’s inside:

• Go to class action now brings you to JavaScript (via @constructor) and TypeScript classes:

• Predefined JavaScript libraries list has been reworked and simplified.
  • You can now set up a default presentation (color, background, effect) for each language element (e.g. keywords, comments, string literals etc.). This way it’s now extremely easy to keep consistent highlighting of different languages.
  • Many fixes for Debugger, Live Edit, JavaScript, TypeScript, CoffeeScript, CSS and LESS.

For those of you who’s interested here is the list of resolved issues.

Please try this EAP build and report problems in forum and YouTrack.

And please don’t relax too much, as we’re going to announce something very interesting next weeks! Stay tuned… 😉

Develop with pleasure!
-JetBrains WebStorm Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

25 Responses to WebStorm 6 EAP build 126.37

1. Avatar

Andreas Möller says:

January 24, 2013

Best IDE ever – until your next update arrives!

Thanks a lot for your efforts,

Andreas

2. Avatar

WooDzu says:

January 25, 2013

It would be the best if it allowed working on FTP files directly

Edgar Martinez says:

January 25, 2013

That would not be a good idea at all. You need to test your work first. At least locally. Besides there is automatic deployments on “save” if you really want to do that. Which is pretty much the same thing.

Kris says:

January 27, 2013

I am not 100% agree with Edger’s word.

sometime I just need to change a spelling. Do you means if this is a big MVC project then I need to download them all. a little change on FTP make it work fine.

Komodo edit with a little server plugin do work great. I thing this is something WooDzu talking about.

3. Avatar

Denis Borovikov says:

January 25, 2013

> we’re going to announce something very interesting next weeks

Please, let it be Emmet support.

Edgar Martinez says:

January 25, 2013

what is Emmet I can’t find it on the internet

Andriy Bazanov says:

January 25, 2013

Simple Google search for “Emmet” returns exact match: http://docs.emmet.io/

Laurent says:

January 25, 2013

Emmet (previously known as Zen Coding)… almost already supported. no?

Denis Borovikov says:

January 26, 2013

Emmet support’s ticket in issues tracker was marked as “Fixed in WebStorm 6” some weeks ago. But there are no any of new Emmet’s features works in current builds for now.

Andriy Bazanov says:

January 26, 2013

There is a big difference between “Already Fixed” and “To be Fixed in”. If you check the ticket status http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WEB-193 it clearly says “Status: In Progress” and ” Fixed in builds: No Fixed in build”

Denis Borovikov says:

January 26, 2013

That’s why I said “let it be Emmet support”. Just a wish.

ksafonov says:

January 26, 2013

Emmet support is in the works indeed, we expect to get it onboard soon.

4. Avatar

Des.P says:

January 25, 2013

Is there any info. available (e.g. in the online Help) on using the CoffeeScript debugger? Can it be used for both client in-browser CoffeeScript (e.g. with Chrome plugin) and for server CoffeeScript (node.js)?

Thanks!

5. PhpStorm 6 EAP build 126.36 | WebStorm & PhpStorm Blog says:

January 25, 2013

[…] Issue Tracker ← WebStorm 6 EAP build 126.37 […]

6. Avatar

mark says:

January 26, 2013

Not sure what’s going on but after the upgrade on Linux, I got a dialog which I’ve never seen asking me to increase Xmx MaxPermsize … After that, I can’t open my project. It just gets stuck on Scanning files… dialog.

Works great on Windows BTW. CoffeeScript syntax highlighting seems to be finally fixed.

Denis Davydkov says:

January 26, 2013

The same problem for Mac OS.

I increased heap size to 2048, but still WebStorm gets stuck on “Indexing…”. Restarted several times – nothing changed.

I have to downgrade to 124.533 build

Bundyo says:

January 26, 2013

I’m not able to open my (very large) project directly both in Linux and Windows with the latest EAP. Project loading seems to freeze twice for quite some time (loading indicator stops spinning) and finally produces two Xmx dialogs. Hitting ignore both times continues the loading and I’m able to open it. Syntax highlighting and auto completion do seem to work. This never happened with the previous EAPs. After the operation a 1GB .hprof file turns up in my home folder (java_pid12549.hprof).

Andriy Bazanov says:

January 26, 2013

Try disabling LESS plugin. This ticket is for PhpStorm, but the issue may have the same roots: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WI-16352

ksafonov says:

January 26, 2013

Disabling LESS plugin really helps. Sorry guys, we will publish next EAP on the beginning of the next week.

7. Avatar

Jeff Schwartz says:

January 26, 2013

I love surprises. Oh pleazzzz, tell me, whisper in my ear. I won’t tell, I promise 🙂

8. Avatar

Jeff Schwartz says:

January 26, 2013

Kudos to you all over at JetBrains for continually improving what already is a very impressive product. You keep raising the bar for every other wannabe Web focused development tool and we, us WebStorm users, are the happy recipients of all that dedication, commitment, hard work and focus. Outstanding!

ksafonov says:

January 26, 2013

Thanks for your kind words Jeff! Please keep supporting us with your feedback, bug reports and feature requests.