WebStorm 6.0 released: adds TypeScript, debugging with source maps, fresh UI and much more
First, WebStorm allows for smarter and more streamlined web development with modern languages such as TypeScript, CoffeeScript and Dart. In addition to providing a first-class code editor for these languages, WebStorm 6 offers:
- Automatic compilation/transpilation of these higher-level languages into those recognized by browsers on all supported platforms.
- Full-featured debugging of TypeScript, Dart or CoffeeScript with source maps.
And third, new IDE look and feel, and Darcula, a new native dark UI theme for the IDE and the editor are finally available for WebStorm users.
Other noteworthy features include:
- Live Edit, introduced in the previous release, now brings improved usability and support for HTML5 live editing.
- Improved HTML and CSS, Sass and Less coding, with a re-designed HTML structure view and support for even faster coding using Emmet snippets in the editor.
- Built-in HTTP server and REST Client.
WebStorm 6.0 is a free update for everyone who purchased their license after Mar 6, 2012
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
WebStorm 2023.3: Improvements for Angular, Vue, and Svelte, AI Assistant, New Testing Functionality, and More
WebStorm 2023.3, the third major update of the year, is out! Update to the latest release today.