WebStorm 10 beta, 141.224: improved Grunt integration and fixes

Posted on by Ekaterina Prigara

We’re getting really close to the WebStorm 10 release, and today we WebStorm 10 beta available for download. So go ahead and get WebStorm 10 beta (141.224) on our website.

No active license is required. The update from the previous EAP build (140.2753) is available, but you might need to restart the IDE manually after that. If you’d like to try WebStorm with bundled custom Java 8 on your Mac, you can get it here.

This update brings the improved integration with the Grunt task runner as well as lots of fixes and minor improvements (please see the release notes).
If you experience any issues, please report them on our tracker.

Develop with pleasure!
– JetBrains WebStorm Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

12 Responses to WebStorm 10 beta, 141.224: improved Grunt integration and fixes

1. bfulop says:

March 19, 2015

Hello,
    I just downloaded the latest version and the text is no longer antialiased in the editor. This is on a Mac 10.10.2. Any ideas?

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

March 19, 2015

Hi, what Java version do you use?

• bfulop says:

March 23, 2015

Hello,

Today I have uninstalled version 140.2753 (with appdelete) and re-installed the latest version (141.224). Everything looks fine now! I love Webstorm! 🙂

2. Brad Leupen says:

March 19, 2015

Hi!

I downloaded the WebStorm-EAP-141.224-custom-jdk-bundled.dmg file for Mac but I still experience the dreaded Yosemite flashing. “About Webstorm” shows that it is still using the apple 1.6 JRE. Do I need to do anything extra to enable the custom JRE?

Thanks

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

March 19, 2015

Hi!
      It should work out of the box. May sound silly, but please check the you start the right installation. If you installed the new build side by side with the previous one, then the app name may be WebStorm 10 EAP 2

• Brad Leupen says:

March 20, 2015

i just deleted the 10 EAP, redownloaded and installed WebStorm-EAP-141.224-custom-jdk-bundled.dmg and the “about webstorm” dialog still shows that its using the apple 1.6 jre. (webstorm build 141.224). anything else i can check? thanks!

• Brad Leupen says:

March 20, 2015

Fixed! I had a stale idea.properties file in my ~/Library/Preferences/WebStorm10 folder. It’s working now, thank you!

3. Sergey says:

March 21, 2015

Hi Ekaterina, new Grunt integration looks awesome, so user-friendly! Big thanks to the team for that!

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

March 25, 2015

Hi Sergey! Thanks, really appreciate your feedback.

4. Neil Goldman says:

March 23, 2015

Loving this new version so far! I already own a full license for PHPStorm, would there any advantages to purchasing Webstorm aside from the release cycle occasionally being a few months ahead? I’m not writing PHP at the moment, and these new javascript/html features are great. Are there any features WebStorm 10 that I won’t receive by waiting for the next major PHPStorm release?

Thanks!

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

March 24, 2015

PhpStorm is basically WebStorm + PHP support and all WebStorm features are available in PhpStorm. All WebStorm 10 new features are already available in PhpStorm 9 EAP. Other than different price and a bit different release dates, there’s no difference in web development-related features.