WebStorm 11 Beta

Posted on by Ekaterina Prigara

WebStorm 11 goes Beta now!

You can download WebStorm 11 Beta (build 143.379) from our website. In this build we mostly focused on fixes and improvements.

The full list of addressed issues is as usual available in the release notes. You can use a patch update from the previous EAP build (143.267). WebStorm 11 Beta doesn’t require a valid license.

Please report your feedback to our issue tracker. To get notifications of new EAP builds as they become available, subscribe to the EAP channel in Preferences | Appearance & Behavior | System Settings | Updates.

Develop with pleasure!
– JetBrains WebStorm Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

19 Responses to WebStorm 11 Beta

1. Clay Shannon says:

October 22, 2015

Does the new version improve support for Meteor?

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

October 22, 2015

We’ve made that coding assistance for Meteor imported packages enables automatically and also supported angular-meteor and ES2015 in Meteor apps. If you have any issues with Meteor support in WebStorm, please let us know on https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/WEB

2. David Nelson says:

October 22, 2015

This is sweet, thank you!

I noticed that I get ‘Missing require() call’ when I have flow as my language with the new beta build and I use es6 imports that are valid. I had to disable the inspection manually to work around it.

Also, when does webstorm get integrated into intellij? I really miss the ability to set the auto save interval from 15 seconds to 1 second. Is there a webstorm workaround for that?

Thanks and great work! 🙂

Cheers,
    David

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

October 23, 2015

We have improved the way this inspection works with ES6-style imports, though the fix is not yet ported to the release branch: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WEB-17512

WebStorm and IntelliJ IDEA are based on the same platform, auto save is a core functionality and it’s identical in both IDEs. You can configure auto save in Preferences | Appearance and Behavior | System Settings.

• David Nelson says:

October 23, 2015

Awesome, thank you Ekaterina! 😀

3. John Doe says:

October 23, 2015

And there is still no progress https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WEB-15875#

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

October 23, 2015

I will ask my colleagues about the status of this issue, but unfortunately I think it won’t be fixed for WebStorm 11 release, may be in the minor update…

• John Doe says:

October 23, 2015

Thx, but this issue is there from WS10 and coffeescript autoformating is unusable.

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

October 23, 2015

Actually I have found our that in WebStorm 11 Beta there’s an option now to configure object properties alignment and line comment position for CoffeeScript. Would be glad to hear you feedback: are there other code style options you’d expect there?

• John Doe says:

October 25, 2015

Primary object properties and functions call.

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

October 29, 2015

Can you please provide an example of the code style you’d like WebStorm to support: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/WEB
          The issue you’re referring to is a bit more focused on specific formatting rules, we’ve fixed that and planning to close the issue. Thank you!

4. Akshar Patel says:

October 23, 2015

I thought support for tsx files was added in Webstorm. I tried today and I’m getting errors. Is there anything I need to switch on to get it working?

• Andrey Starovoyt says:

October 23, 2015

Hi. WebStorm supports *.tsx files by default. Could you please share a code example? (the blog shows tags incorrectly so it is better to use https://gist.github.com/ ).

• Akshar Patel says:

October 23, 2015

Hi Andrey. I had been patching Webstorm 11 since the first EAP. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it from the website. The .tsx files work great now. Thanks for replying.

5. Niccolò Belli says:

October 23, 2015

Will you ever fix broken hidpi support in Linux? What’s the point of reporting bugs if nobody takes care of them? Not even an answer…

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

October 23, 2015

I will ask my colleagues to have a look at your issue, sorry for the delay with reply.

• Niccolò Belli says:

October 25, 2015

Thanks, I really can’t use Webstorm without working hidpi support: I had to switch to another editor in the meantime 🙁

6. Igor says:

October 26, 2015

Hi, what is release date?

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

October 26, 2015

Going to release WebStorm 11 in the next couple of weeks.