WebStorm 11.0.3 is now available

Posted on by Ekaterina Prigara

WebStorm 11.0.3 is now available!

This update brings various fixes and improvements, mostly in the core IntelliJ platform, the whole list of addressed issues is available in the Release notes. In addition to that WebStorm 11.0.3 adds support for a new unit testing package for Dart.

Click Configure – Check for update on the IDE Welcome screen to update. You can use a patch-update for WebStorm 11.0.2. Or, you can download WebStorm 11.0.3 from our website.

– JetBrains WebStorm Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

34 Responses to WebStorm 11.0.3 is now available

1. Iain says:

December 24, 2015

Hey when are you guys implementing auto updating? Annoying to constantly manually update for each little update.

Love webstorm, thanks 🙂

• Iain says:

December 24, 2015

nevermind, just saw it auto updates.

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

December 24, 2015

There’s an autoupdate available for this build. It just takes a bit more time to ship it then to post a blog post 🙂

2. Charlie says:

December 24, 2015

In the future could you hold off on announcing an update on blogs and social media until the auto update is available? I think I have wound up doing a download and reinstall a few times because I thought I had to, because I attempted an auto update when I saw your announcement and one was not available.

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

December 28, 2015

Sorry for confusion. We need to have a blog post published by the time we push the notification to the IDE, since we links to it. Every time I add a note to the blog post that the patch-update will be available shortly and I remove once it becomes available. We also always mention when we know for sure that there’s not going to be a patch update.

3. DarkPark says:

December 24, 2015

Still looking forward for file names autocompetion in a module require function.
    var m = require('some-module/some-dir/some-file');

4. Kasper says:

December 24, 2015

Thanks for the unit testing dart support!

And you forgot to mention that the type information in the quick docs of Dart is much improved 🙂

5. Sasha says:

December 25, 2015

Appreciate your hard work!
    What about Angular 2.0 support?

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

December 28, 2015

Working on that and have quite a lot already available in WebStorm 11 (the supported features may vary depending on the Angular 2 version you’re using).

6. Sefa says:

December 25, 2015

Hi, when updating i got this error (screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7z9r1ry3dxaxx5/Screenshot%202015-12-25%2016.09.09.png?dl=0) :

Temp. directory: /var/folders/hk/d82kr7_d6754nl8xfr1rk1700000gn/T/

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /private/var/folders/hk/d82kr7_d6754nl8xfr1rk1700000gn/T/jetbrains.patch.jar.webstorm_copy (No such file or directory)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:220)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:150)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:121)
    at com.intellij.updater.Runner.doInstall(Runner.java:255)
    at com.intellij.updater.Runner.access$000(Runner.java:17)
    at com.intellij.updater.Runner$1.execute(Runner.java:246)
    at com.intellij.updater.SwingUpdaterUI$5.run(SwingUpdaterUI.java:191)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

• Dennis Ushakov says:

December 28, 2015

Do you have any antiviral software running?

7. Damien says:

January 7, 2016

Could you please have the recent versions of Webstorm (e.g. 11.0.1) available under previous versions. The newest version does not work with the Sencha plugin, the Webstorm 12 EAP doesn’t work with the Sencha plugin, and I deleted the Webstorms 11.0.1 exe file, so can’t use it until this is fixed.

8. Brian says:

January 8, 2016

I’m trying to update 11.0.1. I can’t auto-update to 11.0.3 and the install seems to want to force me to delete my current installation. If I don’t check it and try to install to C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\WebStorm 11.0\ it says “Please select an empty folder or a folder where WebStorm 11.0 is installed as the target for installing WebStorm”.. that’s what I’m doing.

Do I really have to uninstall first?

• Brian says:

January 11, 2016

I’m hoping someone can help me here. What’s the upgrade process from 11.0.1 to 11.0.3?

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

January 12, 2016

Hello Brian, sorry for the delay with the reply. Please try to create a new folder WebStorm 11.0.3 and specify it as an installation path (if you want to have both WebStorm 11.0.1 and 11.0.3 installed side-by-side). I think that should work.

• Brian says:

January 12, 2016

I don’t want it side by side.. I want to overwrite 11.0.1 that is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\WebStorm 11.0\ directory without uninstalling it first… assuming it will delete all of my settings.

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

January 12, 2016

The settings are saved separately. What you need to do then is to check the checkbox about deleting the previous version and then to make sure you don’t check the checkboxes about removing settings and plugins.

• Brian says:

January 12, 2016

I can’t reply to your last post, but I did the uninstall. But it still didn’t let me install to the old directory. I’ve never seen an install like this.

I want to install to C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\WebStorm 11.0 and by default the installer appends WebStorm 11.0.3 to that directory that I wanted to install to. So, I remove that “WebStorm 11.0.3” from the path and it says it can’ t install here because it’s not empty. The old bin directory is still there. So I delete the bin dir.

Ugh, there shouldn’t be so much manual intervention required for updating software.

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

January 13, 2016

Sorry, I don’t know why the whole process got so messed up for you. Usually it’s just as I described – check Uninstall previous version, keep checkboxes about the plugins and settings unchecked – that’s it. Did you manage to install WebStorm 11.0.3? If not, please contact out tech support – they can provide a more detailed installation instructions: https://intellij-support.jetbrains.com/hc/en-us Thanks!

9. John says:

January 10, 2016

Upon updating WebStorm I’m now getting “invalid descendent file name “http:” when trying to deploy via FTP and I cannot seem to fix it. I’m running on Windows 8.1, server is apache.

Ideas?

• John says:

January 10, 2016

Doh! directory on server called “http:” due to improper initial settings. Solved.

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

January 11, 2016

Good that it’s solved now. Let us know if you have any issues with WebStorm, here’s a link to our issue tracker: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/WEB

• John says:

January 11, 2016

OK thanks 🙂

10. Brett Fattori says:

January 11, 2016

Two things:

1) The Grunt tools seem to be missing or misconfigured in 11.0.3? I no longer see the Grunt tool window, and right clicking on a Gruntfile.js does not have the menu option “Show Grunt Tasks”.

2) Are you guys working with NW.js to get debugging working again? While I have adapted back to the old days of console logs, it kinda sucks. It’s all around the multiple windows. When you go from debugging the first window to another, the debugger is still only connected to the first. There has to be a way (maybe Roger Wang of NW.js knows?) to either be able to change which window is being debugged, or to utilize the window Id to know which window the code is executing in. Anyway, this is my biggest peev. There’s been a bug on file for a while that I’ve been pretty silent about – but this is getting ridiculous. Either take out NW.js support (I don’t want to see that) or fix it. A half-broken debugger is next to useless.

Otherwise, I like 11.0.3!

Thanks,
    – Brett Fattori

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

January 11, 2016

Hello Brett,
      1. Can you please file us an issue and attach the IDE log files (menu Help – Show log) on https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/WEB. For me Grunt works fine in WebStorm 11.0.3, so we need a bit more details to reproduce and fix the problem you have.
      2. We’ll have a closer look at the issue https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WEB-13205 and see what we can do to fix it and let you know in the comments. Sorry for the inconvenience. There wasn’t a lot of comments and votes around that issue and our attention was drawn away from it.

• Brett Fattori says:

January 11, 2016

I understand about being drawn away. However, it’s a feature that I’m kinda dependent on. So, consider this all the plusses needed to make that work! 🙂

I will file a bug report and attach my logs.

Thanks,
        – Brett Fattori

• Brett Fattori says:

January 12, 2016

Elena,

I tried invalidating my caches and restarting and that fixed the issue. Unfortunately, I think this also ruined the chance to debug that particular instance. 🙁 Sorry.

– Brett Fattori

• Brett Fattori says:

January 12, 2016

OMG! I got your name wrong… sorry about that.

Ekaterina is a beautiful name.

• Brett Fattori says:

January 12, 2016

Okay, last one, I promise!

Turns out, WebStorm doesn’t recognize “Guntfile.js”… Wow, in the IDE the font was small enough that I couldn’t see the missing “r”. Possibly WebStorm could offer a suggestion if the file looks like /G[^f]+file.js/, maybe, just possibly you intended that to be “Gruntfile.js” would you like us to fix that for you? Heck, that would work across the board for Maven configs, Ant configs, blah, blah… file names that look like a file. That kinda thing… 🙂

• Sergey Simonchik says:

January 12, 2016

Hi Brett,

I guess the misspelt file name problem should be dealt with in the first place, in “New File” dialog. For example, there could be a suggestion of common file names, like Gruntfile.js and others. Our UI team has no such plans AFAIK, but feel free to file an issue in the https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/IDEA.

Also, you can add a custom Gruntfile in the “Tools | Run Gulp/Grunt/npm task” dialog.

11. Naras says: