Welcome WebStorm 2017.1, the first big update this year!

We’ve added support for such exciting technologies as Vue.js and Jest, brought more flexibility to code styles, improved React and Angular support, and so much more!

Explore all the new features on our website or in this overview video:

Highlights include:

• Vue.js support: coding assistance for Vue template language; completion and automatic import for Vue components
  • Jest integration: run Jest tests and see the results right in the IDE
  • Support for Standard style and lots of new code style options: use of semicolons and trailing commas, quote style, sorting for imports, and more
  • Imports for React components are added automatically
  • Completion for modules in package.json; TSLint-powered quick-fixes; support for the Angular language service; new module dependency diagram; test status icons in the editor; emoji support in the editor 🎉.

Download WebStorm 2017.1 on our website now!

JetBrains WebStorm Team

About Ekaterina Prigara

Ekaterina Prigara is WebStorm product marketing manager at JetBrains. She's passionate about new technologies, UX and coffee.
This entry was posted in Release Announcements and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to WebStorm 2017.1 released: Vue.js, Jest, new code style options, Standard Style, and more

1. Birowsky says:

Congrats on being restless with new features.

So..

Is it now a good time to focus on Elm?

2. cz says:

absolutely love vue.js support. thank you for awesome work.

3. A B says:

Plenty of new bugs come bundled as usual with all major releases. Good that I always keep previous version because I learned tough lessons with JetBrains software-as-service business model. Going to wait for update and will try again… Maybe.

4. Are there any performance improvements?

I use WebStorm, it a great tool, but sometime it takes heavy toll on my system, utilizes lot of memory.

Hope it performs better with new updates.

Looking forward to renew my license.

5. Hi,

i am having a problem with Keymap shortcut for Find in path …
    I am using Mac OS Sierra, latest Version and latest Version of WebStorm.
    I set the shortcut to ALT+F and it works great in rubymine but after Update to WebStorm 2017.1 (20. March) it doesn’t work any more. If i select view/find/find in path it makes small sound like command not found, but once i click it the second time it starts. The shortcut doesn’t work at all.

Can you please advise?

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

Can you please check what shortcut is assigned to this action in Preferences | Keymap. You can search by the action name.

6. Kris says:

a tip: when I update from 2016.3 to 2017.1 webstorm should properly import ALL previous settings. In my case the font family of the code and font sizes are different, some colors are different, the font size of the whole IDE (project tree) is smaller, I need to adjust it again, it’s annoying…

7. Sam Albert says:

I’m using macOS, and my projects no longer close when I click the ‘x’ button.

I have to do a full quit of webstorm (command + q) to close any ghost project windows.

8. David Gilbertson says:

I can’t get jest tests working. I get

Cannot find module ‘./jest.config.js’ from ‘jest-intellij-jasmine.js’

This is in a project where package.json is NOT at the top level (and it’s in IntelliJ 2017.1)

I have Jest 18.1.0 – do I need 19?

I have tried clicking the little run test triangle, or right clicking to create a run configuration, or manually creating a run configuration and setting the working directory to the path where my package.json resides.

9. Michael says:

This seems to work great for ES5 tests but I am back to Unexpected Token Import when I run tests written in ES2015/ES2016 notation. Is there a way to do this without using a transpiler first? Something like babel-jest?

10. Ariane says:

Super slow on JavaScript code completion and highlight, 15-30s to show completion box and 7-10s to render highlight color.

Unable to find somewhere report this issue, so, i reported it to here.

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

Please send the content of your IDE log folder (menu Help – Show logs) and, if possible, a CPU snapshot captured during the slowdown, to our issue tracker or technical support. Please also make sure that all the folders that are updated automatically on changes with some build tools are excluded from the project (right-click on the folder in the Project view – Mark as Excluded). Thanks!

11. booya2nd says:

The diagram feature has awesome potential – looking forward how it will evolve in the near future.

Sadly ‘find usage of /index.js’ (https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WEB-19752) still didn’t make it into this release; hope the team could get some attention on that ;)

12. Adrian says:

Bug: select all does not work via the keyboard shortcut Command+A in an editor window on Mac (interestingly, just opening then closing the Edit menu makes the shortcut suddenly work.. until it doesn’t again).

Also, am I the only one that finds the new UI for the Find in Path “dialog” really irritating? It seems like JetBrains is using our $$ to change things that work fine and don’t need to be changed. In this case, it seems like they are making the product harder to use just so it can look visually slick to some graphic design manager or something.