Welcome WebStorm 2017.1, the first big update this year!

We’ve added support for such exciting technologies as Vue.js and Jest, brought more flexibility to code styles, improved React and Angular support, and so much more!

Explore all the new features on our website or in this overview video:

Highlights include:

• Vue.js support: coding assistance for Vue template language; completion and automatic import for Vue components
  • Jest integration: run Jest tests and see the results right in the IDE
  • Support for Standard style and lots of new code style options: use of semicolons and trailing commas, quote style, sorting for imports, and more
  • Imports for React components are added automatically
  • Completion for modules in package.json; TSLint-powered quick-fixes; support for the Angular language service; new module dependency diagram; test status icons in the editor; emoji support in the editor 🎉.

Download WebStorm 2017.1 on our website now!

JetBrains WebStorm Team

About Ekaterina Prigara

Ekaterina Prigara is WebStorm product marketing manager at JetBrains. She's passionate about new technologies, UX and coffee.
This entry was posted in Release Announcements and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to WebStorm 2017.1 released: Vue.js, Jest, new code style options, Standard Style, and more

1. Birowsky says:

Congrats on being restless with new features.

So..

Is it now a good time to focus on Elm?

2. cz says:

absolutely love vue.js support. thank you for awesome work.

3. A B says:

Plenty of new bugs come bundled as usual with all major releases. Good that I always keep previous version because I learned tough lessons with JetBrains software-as-service business model. Going to wait for update and will try again… Maybe.

4. Are there any performance improvements?

I use WebStorm, it a great tool, but sometime it takes heavy toll on my system, utilizes lot of memory.

Hope it performs better with new updates.

Looking forward to renew my license.

5. Hi,

i am having a problem with Keymap shortcut for Find in path …
    I am using Mac OS Sierra, latest Version and latest Version of WebStorm.
    I set the shortcut to ALT+F and it works great in rubymine but after Update to WebStorm 2017.1 (20. March) it doesn’t work any more. If i select view/find/find in path it makes small sound like command not found, but once i click it the second time it starts. The shortcut doesn’t work at all.

Can you please advise?

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

Can you please check what shortcut is assigned to this action in Preferences | Keymap. You can search by the action name.

6. Kris says:

a tip: when I update from 2016.3 to 2017.1 webstorm should properly import ALL previous settings. In my case the font family of the code and font sizes are different, some colors are different, the font size of the whole IDE (project tree) is smaller, I need to adjust it again, it’s annoying…

7. Sam Albert says:

I’m using macOS, and my projects no longer close when I click the ‘x’ button.

I have to do a full quit of webstorm (command + q) to close any ghost project windows.

8. David Gilbertson says:

I can’t get jest tests working. I get

Cannot find module ‘./jest.config.js’ from ‘jest-intellij-jasmine.js’

This is in a project where package.json is NOT at the top level (and it’s in IntelliJ 2017.1)

I have Jest 18.1.0 – do I need 19?

I have tried clicking the little run test triangle, or right clicking to create a run configuration, or manually creating a run configuration and setting the working directory to the path where my package.json resides.

9. Michael says:

This seems to work great for ES5 tests but I am back to Unexpected Token Import when I run tests written in ES2015/ES2016 notation. Is there a way to do this without using a transpiler first? Something like babel-jest?

• Ferran Negre Pizarro says:

I have this same issue. It doesn’t seem to use the .babelrc in the project root like it will do if I running tests using the CLI. How do we use our .babelrc to run those Jest test with Webstorm?

• Sergey Simonchik says:

Strange, running jest tests with ES2015 works for me, tried on https://github.com/facebook/jest/tree/master/examples/async (.babelrc in the project root) using CLI and IDE.
        Could you guys provide more details about your test configurations?

• robbie says:

Hi, I’m having the same issue.
          I have node v6.9.5 running, and have just created a new project with react-create-app.

From CLI, ‘npm run test’ launches the jest test on App.test.js which runs fine. Tried to run the same test via Webstorm (the march 17, 2017 build) and also have the Unexpected token import error.

Added a .babelrc in the root directory with presets for ‘react’ and ‘es2015’. Tried to run again, but same error.

I’d love to have a detailed walk through how to test a react app (and debug a test!) from within Webstorm, to get past the ‘unexpected token’ and ‘module not found’ pitfalls. I assume this possible in Webstorm as an IDE?

10. Ariane says:

Super slow on JavaScript code completion and highlight, 15-30s to show completion box and 7-10s to render highlight color.

Unable to find somewhere report this issue, so, i reported it to here.

11. booya2nd says:

The diagram feature has awesome potential – looking forward how it will evolve in the near future.

Sadly ‘find usage of /index.js’ (https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WEB-19752) still didn’t make it into this release; hope the team could get some attention on that ;)

12. Adrian says:

Bug: select all does not work via the keyboard shortcut Command+A in an editor window on Mac (interestingly, just opening then closing the Edit menu makes the shortcut suddenly work.. until it doesn’t again).

Also, am I the only one that finds the new UI for the Find in Path “dialog” really irritating? It seems like JetBrains is using our $$ to change things that work fine and don’t need to be changed. In this case, it seems like they are making the product harder to use just so it can look visually slick to some graphic design manager or something.

13. Yusoo says:

In vue template, Custom components are added with extra lines when formatting, like this

How to remove extra lines ? this not happen in html file

14. Roman says:

Is there a way to return search behaviuor from prev version?
    I mean Ctrl + Shift + F, now when you press Enter IDE doesn’t opens all results.

15. Martin Kovachev says:

Since i updated to 2017.1 auto format and save has became SO SLOW – it basically locks up the entire interface for 10-15 seconds of an open PHP file and i can’t do anything…

What can we do to resolve this?

16. James Weaver says:

2017.1 update has left me IDE unusable. It launches with no text inside of the window chrome and dialog windows. I can’t change anything like disable plugins to resolve problem.

Can I roll back to me old version some how?

17. Ray says:

My WS 2017.1 doesn’t like MacOS Sierra being locked..When I came back, it always freezes.

18. Michael Fromin says:

Any ideas on why {{ }} syntax does not autocomplete on .vue files in the template tags? Is there some setting I am missing? It works great in the script tag section but typing 2 opening braces does not autocomplete in the HMTL template.

19. wei yan says:

System reboot when I start a node process , I’m using macos sierra.

20. George N says:

I set the line-height of the 19px, but live edit show that element 18.1px. But this is not true. Please help, so hard to work pixel perfect. Screenshot