WebStorm 2017.2.2 is now available

Posted on by Ekaterina Prigara

WebStorm 2017.2.2 is now available for download on our website and in Toolbox App.

What is fixed in WebStorm 2017.2.2:

• Support for imports with ~ in SCSS and Less when using webpack (WEB-23707 and
    WEB-25321)
  • Support for CSS Modules with Less and Sass (WEB-27344 and
    WEB-27547)
  • Emmet abbreviations for React components now expand into self-closing tags only if you add / at the end of the abbreviation  (WEB-26468)
  • Completion for React component properties when using require (WEB-27896)
  • spy-js now works with Node.js 7 and above (WEB-24103)
  • Scaling on HiDPI monitors on Windows 10 (JRE-431)
  • and over 40 other issues.

WebStorm Team

Comments below can no longer be edited.

24 Responses to WebStorm 2017.2.2 is now available

1. Ariane says:

August 16, 2017

It’s possible to support drag between two monitor with different scaling factor?

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

August 16, 2017

Do you currently have any problems with that? What is your OS?

• Ariane says:

August 18, 2017

Windows 10 Version 1703, i have two monitor with different scale factor, primary monitor is 125%, and the other one is 100%, start WebStorm 2017.2.2 and drag it from primary monitor to another one will make WebStorm complete blurry and text is unreadable

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

August 18, 2017

Unfortunately, at the moment the floating scale factors are not supported: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/JRE-310
          It seems that the combination of the recent HiDPI-support-related fixes might have caused this problem. Sorry for that.
          While we’re working on fixing that please disable the scaling by adding -Dsun.java2d.uiScale.enabled=false to the IDE VM Options (menu Help | Edit Custom VM Options).

• Ariane says:

August 18, 2017

WebStorm never support drag between monitor with different scale factor, so it’s not a problem.

I did’t see any side effect in recent updates.

2. Jan Jedlička says:

August 18, 2017

Hi, why is it not possible to update to this version inside IDE? Is Toolbox App something we should be shifting to from (up to this version) standard in-app update method?

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

August 18, 2017

It is possible. You should get a notification about an available update right in the IDE. Can you please try to run the check manually – on the Welcome screen click Configure and select Check for updates.

• Jan Jedlička says:

August 18, 2017

Yes, I got notification in the IDE, but the options in that update modal box are:
        [“Remind Me Later”, “Download”, “Release notes”, “Ignore This Update”].
        If I choose ‘Download’ it only opens the website on the download page – I would like to update in place, not have to completely reinstall the IDE.
        My current version is 2017.2 (build 172.3317.70)

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

August 21, 2017

Unfortunately, it’s not always possible for us to make patch-updates available between all versions. There was a patch-update from WS 2017.2.0 to 2017.2.1 and there’s now a patch-update between 2017.2.1 and 2017.2.2. But to update from 2017.2.0 to 2017.2.2 you need to download an installer from the website. We recommend using Toolbox App because it makes updates between any versions more seamless. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Jan Jedlička says:

August 21, 2017

Oh, that is of course quite understandable, as I was on a vacation I missed the first minor version update.
            But then the updates can be chained, as I did manually right now – first set the IDE to ignore the latest version, which then found latest available update to be 2017.2.1, and after it patch updated to that version, cleared the ignore list, and patched to 2017.2.2. I believe this method of chaining updates could be implemented programatically.
            However I concur that using Toolbox App is more reasonable way, and I will migrate my env to it soon. I believe the toolbox app does transfer preferences when changing versions, right?

3. Ahmed Sabry says:

August 19, 2017

Great work!.
    I have a problem with typescript. I started to migrate to typescript so my project consists of js/ts files, When I import a .js file into .ts (e.g import config from “./config”) I can not go to declaration nor autoComplete in config.* without add .js extension to the file. I have webpack config with resolve: {extensions: [‘.ts’, ‘.js’]} and tsconfig “compilerOptions”: {“moduleResolution”: “node”}. Thanks.

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

August 21, 2017

Unfortunately, this use case is not fully supported right now. Please follow this issue for updates: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WEB-26663 We’re planning to work on it in the nearest future.

4. Yehor says:

August 19, 2017

Something to take on control for future releases ->

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

August 21, 2017

Thanks for reporting an issue. We’ll have a look!

5. Samar says:

August 21, 2017

Having issues switching between monitors with different scaling. My laptop monitor is at 125%, and the attached monitor is at 100%. Moving the IDE window to the external monitor makes the font and tabs very small. Some controls like resizing the tab after splitting it vertically don’t work.

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

August 21, 2017

Sorry for the inconvenience. We’ve recently added per-monitor scale on Windows, but only for the primary scales. And in the recent update we encountered some problems with that. While we’re working on the fixes, please use the workaround suggested in this comment: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/JRE-427#comment=27-2322202

6. Netanel says:

August 23, 2017

Encountered an issue due to the new HiDPI support:

My laptop has a monitor scale of 125%, I run Webstorm with DPI scaling disabled (executable properties -> compatibility -> Override high DPI scaling behavior)

Waking my laptop after the screen goes off due to inactivity causes Webstorm to rescale itself and have blurry text.

any ideas?

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

August 23, 2017

I’ve reported it as a new issue: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/JRE-459
      Can you please leave a comment there with the information about the IDE version and the Java version used (available on the IDE About screen) and the screen resolution. Thank you!

• Netanel says:

August 23, 2017

Done, thank you.

7. Maksym says:

August 25, 2017

Preferences | Languages & Frameworks | Stylesheets | Dialects is no longer available? What about postcss support then?

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

August 25, 2017

Please make sure that you have PostCSS plugin installed in Preferences | Plugins.

• Maksym Butsykin says:

August 25, 2017

it is

• Maksym says:

August 25, 2017

reintstalling of WS resolved an issue, nvm then.
          sorry for disturb =)

• Ekaterina Prigara says:

August 25, 2017

This configuration is available only in the Project settings. Please make sure that you’re not looking at the Default settings.
          If you can’t see the configuration in the Project settings, please send us the IDE logs (menu Help – Show logs). You can report that as a new issue on https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/WEB or sent it to our tech support https://intellij-support.jetbrains.com/hc/en-us/requests/new Thanks!