WebStorm 2020.3 Release Candidate Is Here!
With the release date quickly approaching, it’s time to unveil the release candidate (RC) for WebStorm 2020.3! Unlike previous EAP builds, this one requires you to have an active WebStorm license. Otherwise, it will install and run as a 30-day free trial.
Let’s take a brief look at the major improvements available in the RC version of WebStorm 2020.3.
- New Welcome screen: Not only can you open and create projects from the updated Welcome screen, but you can also tweak the most commonly used settings, like IDE themes and fonts.
- IDE theme synced with OS settings: You can now sync your WebStorm theme with your macOS and Windows settings. We plan to implement this for Linux users later.
- Improvements for working with tabs: You can now split the editor by dragging and dropping tabs or using the new Open in Right Split action. Pinned tabs are now marked with a special icon and are shown at the beginning of the tab bar so you can find them faster.
- Support for Tailwind CSS: WebStorm 2020.3 now has out-of-the-box support for the popular Tailwind CSS framework.
- Markdown editing and preview enhancements: Mermaid.js support, the ability to reformat your .md files, and automatic synchronization between scrolling of the preview pane and the editor will make your work with Markdown files easier.
- Integrated TypeScript and Problems tool windows: We’ve integrated the TypeScript language service into the Problems tool window and removed the TypeScript tool window.
- Improved debugging experience: You can now use interactive hints and inline watches when debugging. We’ve also merged Step Into and Smart Step Into.
- Support for Git staging area: You can now stage your files right from WebStorm.
- Quick file preview: You can now preview files in the editor whenever you select them in the Project view. You can also jump to specific code elements from the Navigation bar.
To find out what else has been implemented in WebStorm 2020.3, check out our previous EAP blog posts.
Please report any issues in our issue tracker, and stay tuned for the upcoming release announcement!
The WebStorm team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
WebStorm 2023.3 Release Candidate Is Here!
The WebStorm 2023.3 RC is now available! Read about some of the most exciting improvements making it into the release.
WebStorm 2023.3 EAP Digest #3: Angular, React, and Vue Improvements and More
Read our third 2023.3 EAP digest to learn about the latest changes in the upcoming release.
WebStorm 2023.3 EAP Digest #2: Improvements for Type Only Import, Angular, Svelte, and More
Read our second 2023.3 EAP digest to learn about the latest changes that will make it into the upcoming release.