WebStorm 2021.1.1 Is Available
WebStorm 2021.1.1, the first bug-fix update for WebStorm 2021.1, is now available!
Extract Angular components
We’ve added a long-awaited feature for Angular users – the ability to extract components from your templates. To try it out, select the component you want to extract, open the context menu with a right-click, and go to Refactor | Extract Component. You can also invoke this action from the Refactor This popup or by assigning a custom shortcut to it under Preferences / Settings | Keymap – just look for the Extract Component action with an Angular icon there.
Under the hood, this refactoring works by running ng generate component, taking schematic preferences inside your angular.json file into account. It doesn’t extract styles yet, but we may consider extending the scope of this feature later.
Other notable improvements
Here are some other notable fixes:
- Solved the problem with corrupted indexes that caused Find in Files to show no results (IDEA-266391).
- Fixed the selection issue in the Switcher and Recent Files popups (IDEA-264890).
- The Open in Terminal action now correctly opens the project file directory (IDEA-265230).
- New component options syntax in vue-class-component v8 are now supported (WEB-47799).
- You can now copy imports from a type declaration (WEB-49934).
- In CSS, :where() and :is() pseudo-classes are now supported (WEB-50486 and WEB-50028).
- Fixed the UI issues in the Commit view when the Chinese or Korean language packs are enabled (IDEA-266367).
For the full list of issues addressed in WebStorm 2021.1.1, please see the release notes.
The WebStorm team
Subscribe to Blog updates
Thanks, we've got you!
WebStorm 2023.2.2 Is Now Available
WebStorm 2023.2.2 is here with support for rpx and upx custom CSS property units and bug-fixes.
WebStorm 2023.2.1 Is Now Available
WebStorm 2023.2.1 is now available with many improvements for Angular, Svelte, Tailwind CSS, Astro, and more.
WebStorm 2023.2: Better Error Formatting, Enhancements for Vue, Preact, SolidJS, Angular and Svelte, GitLab Integration, and More
WebStorm 2023.2, the second update of the year, is out! Update to the latest release today.